RETRO-SPEC

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

introducing the 240Z Carbon Fiber Cowl Panel

Carbon Fiber: ..279.99

Verry nice!

So glad to see the parts you are making. Would like to order several of them, but before I pay big time in shipping; are you considering cf zg flares and cf bumpers?

Thank`s

Guest anwar

is there weight savings to these CF peices.

Compared to OEM steel ones, yes there is.

Verry nice!

So glad to see the parts you are making. Would like to order several of them, but before I pay big time in shipping; are you considering cf zg flares and cf bumpers?

Thank`s

We appreciate the comment! we do have several parts in queue as new projects for the Z, we are currently prepparing to start new projects for this platform, thought it will take some time before we are able to cover some ground, nonetheless we will be posting here any updates. Thanks!

Are there plans for entire fenders? It is looking like I am going to be able to drop some SERIOUS weight once I get to that stage in my build.

I've heard that FG or CF fenders don't drop much weight.

In my experience with other platforms, our Fiberglass and CF fenders have a huge weight difference in comparisson to the OEM steel ones, not to mention it also eliminates all rust problems.

interested in duckbill rear spoiler, any pictures for it installed

will post more pics soon!

I am interested in the Carbon Fiber BRE rear spoiler. How tall is it?

Is the carbon fiber version a straight bolt on (No modification/sanding/painting of the spoiler required)?

Can I order it with additional mounting points on the bottom (4 instead of two)?

Can I order it with mount fasteners across the back face so that I can extend the height with a sheet of lexan?

Can you post some larger pictures of this spoiler installed so that I can examine the quality a little more closely?

I am trying to add a good looking basic spoiler that can be adjusted to increase/decrease rear downforce.

Thanks,

Dan McGrath

Guest anwar

I am interested in the Carbon Fiber BRE rear spoiler. How tall is it?

Is the carbon fiber version a straight bolt on (No modification/sanding/painting of the spoiler required)?

Can I order it with additional mounting points on the bottom (4 instead of two)?

Can I order it with mount fasteners across the back face so that I can extend the height with a sheet of lexan?

Can you post some larger pictures of this spoiler installed so that I can examine the quality a little more closely?

I am trying to add a good looking basic spoiler that can be adjusted to increase/decrease rear downforce.

Thanks,

Dan McGrath

Hi Dan

The BRE CF rear spoiler is straight bolt-on and has a clear finish. No sanding/painting required.

-it's approx. 4" tall

-We can install 2 aditional mounting points as requested (4 total)

-We could glass in a piece of aluminum so it can be ready to be drilled and tap it yourserlf.

d7178240-280zcfbrespoiler.jpg

zbre-1.jpg

zbre-under.jpg

More pics coming soon.

Looks like an awesome project you got going there!

Please send us an e-mail at: retrospec.carbon@gmail.com for more details, Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Anwar,

Anything new with the posibility of a cf dash, (and most importantly in my eyes), one with more gauge provisions? If you guys were to make one as mentioned, it would be the deciding factor for me to not go with a 240sx dash swap.

A single 2-1/16" gauge molded onto the top ignition clamshell, balanced visually between the speedo and tach,would be great for any boosted applications providing a space for a boost or air/fuel ratio gauge. Just poking around for some current info, Thanks....

Anwar,

Firstly top job on actually getting parts made and shipped with happy customers, there have been far too many 'we're going to make this' and it never happens for various reasons, props for just doing it with no fanfare. A few questions for you.

Are the pieces made with UV resistant resin/lacquered to be UV resistant?

I'm assuming all the CF pieces are fibreglass matting backed with 2-3 sheets of CF on top? Or are they exclusively CF sheet?

If you publish weights of finished parts you'll really have some fans :)

Ta

James

I would love to get my hands on some cf doors and fenders for my 280z project! Mine are gone to crap from rust and age and even if I find good used set they will still need work done to be presentable... I am thinking whole cf front end on my Z with cf doors and then paint rest of the car white mmmmmm....