S13 coilovers -----> S130 chassis.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bringing back up a post worth talking about.

Mack, did you ever write down any kind of measurements other than the 1.25". How thick is the piece of aluminum? Did you shave most of it to fit within the original control arm and leave the rest of the thickness of the aluminum on the outside of the control arm? Also, what is the deal with the tension rod? Is it effected by the bracket?Just wondering. Trying to make a set for my car. Brilliant idea by the way.

Thanks, again.

Also, are you still using the stock 280zx hubs, rotors, and calipers? or are the S13 hubs needed and possibly some other brakes?

so from what I can gather the parts needed are:

S13 Coilovers

S13 spindles

Early 90's Maxima ball joints

Custom adapter

am I missing anything?

why not just machine out the stock control arms, and get a howe screw in lower ball joint sleeve, weld it to the stock control arm on both side, then just ream out the s13 spindle to accept the howe ball joint? (I'm also in process of doing a s13 spindle swap on my s30)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How is it going with the coilover setup? Im interested to know how you guys are making it work.

I was wondering this myself.

Has anyone made any further progress? Pictures?

And what is the deal with the longer tie rod? Any updates on this MACK?

How is it going with the coilover setup? Im interested to know how you guys are making it work.

My S13 swap got put on hold... I found a fantastic deal on a set of Enkei 92's so I picked them up and invested in refinishing them. My coilover budget ended up going into the wheels and tires. I have everything needed to do the swap except the coilovers and tie rods. I plan on saving up for a set of Stance GR+ coils. So for now, I sit back and wait to see how every one else is coming along with their swaps...

3827201077_7ff5445581_b.jpg

As you can see, my S130 is in dire need of some coils!

• 4 weeks later...
why not just machine out the stock control arms, and get a howe screw in lower ball joint sleeve, weld it to the stock control arm on both side, then just ream out the s13 spindle to accept the howe ball joint? (I'm also in process of doing a s13 spindle swap on my s30)

I'm with this guy. Why would you not be able to do something like this, or even just weld in an extra 1.25" into the control arm to extend the arm to accept the geometry of the 240sx spindles?

OR if MACK could just share some knowledge we can all do this. LOL.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

I'm with this guy. Why would you not be able to do something like this, or even just weld in an extra 1.25" into the control arm to extend the arm to accept the geometry of the 240sx spindles?

OR if MACK could just share some knowledge we can all do this. LOL.

Thanks.

Bringing this old thread back to life again since the guys over at the S130 suspension tech started to talk more about the 280zx suspension upgrades.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

• 4 months later...