HybridZ

Fan control ms2

softopz

Hey guys Iam trying to get my electric fan to work with my ms 2 setup. I searched but most searches come up for ms1 setups.

Iam reading this link and its not that clear to me. The are things that are unclear

1. ms2 has spare outputs that are capable of 1 amp

So will this be a ground fired system? through a relay?

in the megamanual it says I need a transistor I thought it was built in?

"The following outputs need a transistor to drive a relay or a solenoid (if you just want to activate the LED, such as for a shift light, no changes are required to the hardware): "

2. I would like to use pin 30 fidle whats the PM2 for?

Note that the FIdle circuit on the relay board is limited to 1.1 Amps by the polyfuse. The relay is capable of handling much more current, but the traces on the relay board are NOT. If you wish to use the FIdle relay, do not use it to drive a device that requires more than 1.1 Amps (though you can use it to drive a second relay and control much more current - like an electric fan relay)

Electric Cooling Fan Control Another example is electric electric cooling fan control. We will turn it on 180°F and off at 170°F, using the relay board FIdle output to control a separate cooling fan relay (the traces on the relay board may not have enough current capacity to control your fan directly):

• FIdle (PM2)
    • Port PM2, FIdle enabled
    • variable = coolant > threshold = 180, hysteresis = 10,
    • AND
    • variable = rpm > threshold = 450, hysteresis = 10, (fan will not run while cranking - you can add any second condition that works for you, of course)
    • Power-on value = 0
    • Trigger value = 1

Of course you can change the conditions to suit your vehicle.

Note that changing the FIdle port settings (PM2) does not affect the operation of the stepper IAC settings and ports. You can still use the IAC stepper functions for controlling idle speed during warm-up (just select one of the stepper options for idle control). Note that the settings will depend on whether you have an NC (normally closed) or NO (normally open) relay, so you must check that the fan works as you think it should.

Its really late could be why its not sinking with me. Any of you guys running fan control off your spare outputs? If you could clear things for me it would be great!

Perfect thats what I was looking for, when searching I got confused with board mods.

So the only mods you do is when you are using the OTHER spare outputs you gotta upgrade the transistor than it will drive a relay. But pin 30 can flow enough to drive a relay there it is for the archives! I am going to try this later tonight Ill let you guys know how it went down.

• 7 months later...