Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'disc brake conversion'.
Hello HybridZ! My 240z recently seized up its drums at the track and I thought it is time to convert to a disc brake. I went with the kit from Zcardepot and ended up adding some parts of my own as well to make it work. Here is my review and headaches and pointers from installing this kit. I will go though the process and when the issues occur will be written in chronological order. GOOD POINTS WILL BE HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE. MEH I AM NOT MAD NOR PLEASED IN GREEN. BAD POINTS WILL BE HIGHLIGHTED IN RED. 1. Removing the Stock Drums There are tons of write ups on this
Hi all this is my first post so sorry if I’m doing this wrong. Recently did the rear disc brake conversion using Zcardepot’s kit and I’ve been having issues with the car not fully stopping even when I pull the e-brake up. I’ve insured to bleed the brakes throughly in the right order (Rear Passenger > Rear Driver > Front passenger > Front Driver). I’ve also adjusted the e-brake tensioning rod so it fits tightly. Thank you for the help!
Hi folks, I bought this kit off of a member on here a month or so back, and finaly got to the point on my build to start putting it together. I got the caliper brackets and calipers from said member, 280zx calipers to be exact, with the intention of mounting them to my rear uprights using the included brackets. As you can see in the pictures, while using a 280zx caliper, and the included bracket, the caliper is far to close to the rotor, in fact, its an interference of about 1/8 of an inch. Beyond that, the casting for the caliper, where the brake line attaches, interferes with the