HybridZ

75 260z shell question

boogalou1

I have access to a 260z rolling shell that a current Z enthusiast is storing for me until I get enough room in my garage. The shell was originally part of a 250GTO project that the PO never finished. The front fenders, hood, bumpers, etc are missing and the rear quarter panels have metal spacers welded to them I'm assuming are to allow proper fitment of the GTO components. The drivetrain to power this project is from a 83 280zx turbo along with a few other suspension goodies. My first impression when I seen the shell was to remove the suspension and scrap the rest, since I have no experience in fiberglass body work and a GTO type car doesn't interest me. I was checking out some Datsun body kits and after finding the reactionresearch site and the SubtleZ body kit, I'm starting to reconsider bringing this 260z back to life. Is there any reason why a car that was started as a GTO project wouldn't be a prime candidate for a Subtle Z project?