HybridZ

No Spark (Fixed)

Kali

So here the gist of it im having problems getting spark. Right now we are just spinning the dizzy to test for spark before we setup. Im getting pulse to injectors, but im not getting any spark to the plugs. Im using the settings from Moby's post

link http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/47394-msns-extra024s9-settings-in-jpeg-format/

And im using the MSD wiring diagram post also by Moby

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/69077-msd-ignition-megasquirt-wiring/

Please let me know what else im doing wrong. Like it says ive check the other pages, and im at a loss. My current setup is posted

Head:

F54 Block

P90 Head

JE Forged Pistons and rings 89mm

ARP Rod Bolts & Head studs

Diesel Maxima Crank

2mm head gasket

Schnider Cam Lift(In/Ex): .460/.460. Duration(In/Ex): 270/280.

5 angle valve job

N42 non-egr intake manifold

LC-1 WB O2

420cc injectors

JSK Fuel rail

T3/T4 Turbo

MSA BOV

2.5" exhaust

83 280zx electronic dizzy

MSD 6AL box

Walbro 255lph fuel pump

MSnS V2.2

I am talking with Matt Kramer from DIYautotune.com so when i find a solution i will post it. But please if you have any info get back to me when you can.

post-12905-034919700 1305572180_thumb.png

Edited by Kali

OK so i just looked at another post. I guess in all the frusration i over looked another post. Im suppose to swith FIDLE function from idle control tp spark a output. Ive seen this a ton of times prior to buying MS and i made a classic mistake. Also LED17 to squirt. Im going to head off to the car tomarow to see if it works.

OK so i just looked at another post. I guess in all the frusration i over looked another post. Im suppose to swith FIDLE function from idle control tp spark a output. Ive seen this a ton of times prior to buying MS and i made a classic mistake. Also LED17 to squirt. Im going to head off to the car tomarow to see if it works.

Also thanks to Matt Cramer from DIYautotune.com that brought this to my attention intitailly.

Edited by Kali

So i implaced the new settings and i found out that wasnt just it. I also fried up Q5. Oh well got it replaced went to the nearest Radio Shack.

Did some more digging, wow i have a lot to learn, just hope i done break my car in the process. Newest link ive looked up, that has shown me some new thoughts on what i had to set in and change.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Ignition_Hardware_Manual.htm

Scroll up if you are using the 2.2 board with the MSD 6A.

I dont know if im helping anyone, i hope i am, Im just posting these stating to the community that i can learn and that i can listen. So Happy Tunning, i'll keep you updated.

So apparently i didnt make the jump from LED 17 to X12. Also Q5 transistor got fried. Headed over to Radio shack for a replacement. Good as new... i hope. Still working on her as i go. Weather is getting to nice out here in WA to not have her on the road.

Thanks for the kind words Moby.

Wondering if anyone can explain how to wire up the tach adapter though?

Hey I'm in the same boat, with trying to get MS2 working. So I share your frustrations, I finally got spark last night! Still won't start, but getting closer. At least the weather is nice there, it's getting to be too hot to do anything here...

Well its done change this topic from No Spark to "SPARK" WOO HOO! So for the moment we are just turning the dizzy manually, but we have spark and pulse. Oh geese louise please if anyone is reading this please let me know if there is something else i should expect... You know like another little thing out there thats going to take a month and a half to trouble shoot. Cause nothing was broken accept my learning curve. Well as soon as i get her running ill post a video. Right now at the moment we are working on cleaning up the engine bay, and placing the WB O2 AFR meter. Going to place it right above the ash tray.

So to recap here is what ive done.

1. Ive followed the MSD wiring diagram to the letter, Not the HEI not the EDIS.

2. Dont forget to Apply jumper from LED17 to X12. (I was a tad iffy about LED17 because on my board all it says is D17)

3. I checked all circuts and transistors daily every time i hooked up my MS1, not necessary but im just a caucious guy.

4. When it says in big bold red letters Very Important: Set Spark Out Inverted = YES and set the Dwell to around 6.0mS for cranking 3.5mS for Running and 0.1mS for the Minimum Time as a starting point! Also set LED17 as SparkA output in Codebase and Output Functions!! Read the Software manual for more info!! You should probably do that. So i hope this all helps... Check the links on the topic they should help, if you have a MSD 6A.

HAPPY TUNNING :D