HybridZ

Is this tune correct?

Barrel_Ball

So I finally got the system to work enough to start the engine, and I put in the old metro VE/spark tables as a starting point. Problem is, whenever I try to rev the engine, I see the A/FR gauge hit somewhere around 10.9-11.2, which I'm assuming is way too rich. Just wondering if there's any kind of changes I should make to this thing to make it work better. I had to us the MS-II extra code since it was the only one that would let me select the proper trigger settings. Because of this, the VE table is a 16x16, but I just used the 12x12 numbers, and set the other 4x4 columns to higher values that the engine won't reach anyway. Here's the attached msq for tunerstudio. Got any ideas?

280zt 051811.rar

Since you are using tuner studio I would drive around a bit and create a data log. Then use VE analyze to help you start tuning in your fuel table to reach the AFRs you desire under different operating conditions. Like 14.7 at cruise and 12.0 under boost. I think you are at the point to start tuning fuel.

Oh... I believe I forgot to mention that I'm only using TS-MS lite, so the VE Analyze function doesn't work. But I guess a few trips around the block or up and down my back alley should give me a better idea of where I'm at. Looks like another week of doing nothing until I can get a registration code...

You can still use the mega log viewer and the stripped down version of ve analyze. I used it before I bought tuner studio. You make a log and then load it into log viewer and do the analyze.

I did this, just a extra step, but the 'on the fly tuning is way better'

Nigel

I see, that's good to know. I suppose that means I'll be using my ol' laptop alot this summer. Probably put it on the road next week, since I only get wednesdays off, and the insurance/registry places are only open weekdays here. Anyway, it's been a slightly frustrating, yet very-worth-it experience so far. With this setup, I can say I worked on nearly every aspect of how the car runs. Once it's driveable, it's on to bodywork, and maybe a bit of racing. Thanks for the advice folks. I hope I don't break anything here, so wish me luck on the tune.