HybridZ

FS5W71B trans. local in south florida

HowlerMonkey

Title says it all.

I need a FS5W71B transmission (and the clutch fork) for local pickup.

I'm willing to drive from key west to orlando but I am in west palm beach.

Condition needs either to be daily driver working (ok with 1st to 2nd grind) or rebuildable but with undamaged gearset.

PM or e.mail response ok.

sparkus@att.blackberry.net

Just as an FYI for those trying to help.

Datsun/Nissan made several 4 and 5-speed manual transmissions available in the second generation Z car or S130. The 1981-1983 FS5W71B is a "close ratio" five speed transmission where the FS5R90A 5-speed transmission found in the 1983 280zx turbo is a "wide ratio" transmission. Close ratio transmissons are preferred for road racing as they allow the driver to maintain a tighter rev range between gears compared to wide ratio versions.

http://www.xenons130.com/Transmissions.html

I already have a FS5R30 with Austin Hoke's L28 adaptor for the current L28ET engine.

I have no use for a 4 speed because I need the overdrive ratio of 5th gear as this is for a LD28 diesel with turbo and I need the overdrive.

I'm expanding this search to include a Z31 turbo automatic or 1984 nissan maxima either of E4n71b or L4n71b in rebuildable condition.