HybridZ

1jz mount kit

boomer3

Hey everybody, I just contacted a guy who sells mount kits on ebay. He is located in Thailand I believe. Basically I told him that there was significant interest in pre fabbed mount kits for 1j / r154 swaps into S30's and he said he could have a kit ready in a month or so. I thought that this could cut out some of the time needed for the swap. On the other hand, i'm not sure if I need to be wary of the quality of a mount kit like this. Anyway, it's just a thought.

Does this interest anyone potentially? I suppose lots of you guys enjoy making up your own mounts etc. I would like to do that some day, but metal fab is terrible without the right tools in my experience haha.

I think what you are going to have a problem with is the fact that 1) You are a new member, so you haven't gotten a reputation to be a group buy leader with.... 2) An out of country, unknown fabricator/source. It's not a bad idea by any means though.

I didn't mean to imply that this needs to be a group buy. The guy I contacted simply stated that he would be able to fabricate the mount kit and have it ready for purchase in around a months time. I'm just curious about general interest in a 1J pre fab mount kit, or if most people her prefer to piece it together themselves.

The only cross mount made to sell I know is from Betamotorsports. Also, you might want to consider in the brackets also. Not sure if the 1jz has different brackets like the 2jz does but depending on the chassis is has different engine brackets. It'll sure suck to order one and have wrong brackets not knowing which ones he used to fab the cross member.

• 1 month later...

I build 2jz motor monts for the S30 .

And i beleave the 1jz is the same block as the 2jz .

Check out my Gallery .

In my gallery those were my first set that i built those Sold before i could even finish them .

Then i built my second set and improved even more .

My 3rd set that i am working on will be made of 70/75 aluminum .

I also wire the 2jz to the S30 and that also i beleave is the same as the 2jz gte .

These pictures were my first set and were not yet finished , still needed to be cleaned uped .

Hit me back ppl if you would like a set made .

Thanks flyt240 .

post-1523-086951400 1311617982_thumb.jpg

post-1523-053575800 1311618013_thumb.jpg

post-1523-087318900 1311618043_thumb.jpg

post-1523-086075800 1311618084_thumb.jpg

post-1523-020541100 1311618143_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey everybody, I just contacted a guy who sells mount kits on ebay. He is located in Thailand I believe. Basically I told him that there was significant interest in pre fabbed mount kits for 1j / r154 swaps into S30's and he said he could have a kit ready in a month or so. I thought that this could cut out some of the time needed for the swap. On the other hand, i'm not sure if I need to be wary of the quality of a mount kit like this. Anyway, it's just a thought.

Hi........do you still have info on that guy in Thailand, i´m from Denmark and i need a kit for my 240z 1jz build