HybridZ

Atlanta area Megasquirt help?

AtlantaZ

Gentlemen (and ladies?),

I've been trying to get my Megasquirt setup running on my daily driver for about a month now, but to no avail. I'm running out of ideas and need to get this thing running pretty soon.

If there's anyone in the Atlanta/Buford, Georgia area who is willing and able to help me get this bird to fly, I'd gladly buy you lunch - and maybe even put a "Powered By [Your Name]" sticker on my windshield.... :)

Happily! As one who has benefitted from the community's knowledge, I will gladly pass anything I glean. For instance, here's a tip... don't use rubber hose to feed coolant to the turbo!! If that rubber touches the compressor or turbine housings, you get a big green lake in your garage floor!

Bad news - Ben at DIY Autotune says they're booked for the next month or so.

Good news - Zen Motors, right down the street, says they can take a look.

Best news - got it to idle again!

The trick was to set the injector characteristics to 0.1mV battery correction and to set the current limit to 100%... which is a high-impedance setting - but the second I did that, the idle smoothed right out! When I rev to2000rpm, I get a bad backfire, leading me to think the fuel tables are too rich. The req_fuel is 7.5. May fuel tables are based on a Lonewolf intake, which probably flows substantially more air than my stock intake. So I am now looking to download someone else's VE table.

But this is good news!!

Edited by AtlantaZ

Where are all of you guys located in the ATL. I see one in Sugar hill. I meet a couple in Marietta and Woodstock. I would just like to get to know all the Atlanta Z's. Knowledge is power fellas and I could learn from all you guys that have modified there own Z's.

My car is currently in paint and body but I am installing a Megasquirt system in mine and really don't know where to start on the tables (fuel or timing).

Any and all info you've learned is helpful.

Thanks,

Lindsey

Where are all of you guys located in the ATL. I see one in Sugar hill. I meet a couple in Marietta and Woodstock. I would just like to get to know all the Atlanta Z's. Knowledge is power fellas and I could learn from all you guys that have modified there own Z's.

My car is currently in paint and body but I am installing a Megasquirt system in mine and really don't know where to start on the tables (fuel or timing).

Any and all info you've learned is helpful.

Thanks,

Lindsey

I am in Sugar Hill, but my car is running a LT1, so I can be of no help for your Megasquirt issues. You should come to the Datsun/Nissan BBQ on the 19th even without your car.

Sounds good guys. I will check out that BBQ. I do not have plans as of today. And man do I love some good BBQ.

Good to see some local Z guys on here. Hope to see you around.

I live in Dawsonville and work in Gainesville.

• 1 month later...

Yes, the issue was simple. My Megasquirt board was improperly jumpered for the ignition output, so EDIS wasn't receiving any ignition commands and was stuck in limp-home/10* BTDC mode. Once JS10 was wired to IGN per instructions, the engine properly responded to throttle inputs. It just goes to show you how important ignition advance really is!

To see the full discussion, you can read my help request thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/99834-turbo-project-no-start-help/

Or my build thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/95992-another-s30-turbo-project/page__p__902552__fromsearch__1#entry902552

Now I'm down to sorting minor bugs, like overheating and valve train tapping. I'd still like to meet some of the other north Georgia Z-heads one of these days.