HybridZ

datsun 260z build thread

hi my name josh im 22 im located in canada ontario. I am new to the zcars, i just finished picking up 1974 datsun 260z 5speed.

its got 122000ml on it engine runs fine no issue it also looks like the carbs were upgraded and exhaust.

I bot this jem for 2k all body work has been done it has rust by the battery tray, its gone right through so i got to repair that.

for now here is some pictures of it

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

Edited by 4runnerguy

empire it was on the last page the guy had it for 4k but cause no one went to get it. i told him 2k and all come and get it right away then he said ok. was lucky that day lol.

Meph lol ya.

but there was a nice blue one for sale 2500 in milton or hamilton forgot the location.

update

so i was gutting out the car this weekend to find out i need new floor pans and small firewall patch for the bat location.

At least that seems to be it for the rust so far.

will be posting more pics soon

were do u guys think i can get some door rubber seals mine are all fallen apart

Edited by 4runnerguy

• 2 weeks later...

is this part possible to get at a stealer ship or aftermarket?

i don't know the name so pic it is

4499660014_large.jpg

i am doing rear end bushings putting in some urethane ones instead of the rubber ones

Edited by 4runnerguy

The little guy in the middle? Just soak in penetrant and tap out with hammer. The one you have to worry about is called the spindle pin, use that as a search term. By the looks of your strut housing, you're in for a treat!

Get a hack saw and cut in between the two to separate them. Then just get a hammer and hit it back and fourth until it comes out. Make sure you tap the lock bolt out too. It will come out with a good hit from a hammer. If you don't feel like paying for a new spindle pin you can get a 5/8 x 10" grade 8 bolt. It will work just as fine.

Edited by motoman

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Update

So this gem isn't as good as i thought. As i teared down the car i started finding more and more rust.

i will be posting more pictures. So pretty much the front section of the car is all rust, I started to look for another one in better condition and i found one 3&half hours away from me.

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0013-1.jpg

IMAG0014-1.jpg

IMAG0015-1.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0016-1.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0023.jpgIMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0029-1.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

i picked up this 1972 datsun for 1000$ the car came with no motor or trans.

As u can see there barely is no rust at all on this one.

The po told me it came from alabama.

this car in this condition for cheap is hard to come by in canada. now the orange is going to be my parts car, soon as my the car is gutted its goin to scrap.

Maybe you could sell the orange one and someone else might wanna try and get it back on the road. It still looks pretty nice non the less , And they are hard to come across in your location I'd imagine. But I must say the new one u picked up seems pretty darn close to rust free.

No the orange one is in really bad shape if anyone still wants it ok. its only goin to be a shell everything else is comin off.

The cars front clip, firewall, inner rockers, floors will all need to be replaced. Unless some one makes a tube frame and uses only the outer shell for being a shell that's all it will be good for.

• 1 month later...

i got a question i tried searching but nothing came up.

i am doing a l28et swap into my 240z. I got the complete motor from a 1982, however it did not come with harness or computer i am planing on using megasquirt. do i still need the harness or computer from a 82 or 83 zxt?