HybridZ

N/A 280Z MS2 V3.0 board starting map help request

2s2mad

Hello Everyone,

Here is my current setup

Ported and polished N42 head with stage 1 Isky cam, on stock rebuilt block (1978 280Z)

Stock injectors

240SX TPS

MS2 V3 board (ExtraEFI), TunerStudioMS software v1.0004, FUEL Only.

Aftermarket FPR: 42 PSI

AEM Wideband gauge and bosch sensor.

Custom inox header and complete exhaust (3 inches)

image 1

image 2

For info the car was running OK with the stock ECU (a bit rich for sure).

Now for the story I decided to install MS using the stock wiring loom.

It went OK except for the Coil (-) signal and fuel pump relay.

After a few tries, I decided to give up on these two and wire them directly.

I get all the signals OK, ie: Water temp; Air temp, coil, AFR, rpm, TPS (calibrated).

Cold start valve and cold start injector disconnected, I still need to remove and replace the AFM.

I managed to start the car with the current map (attached) but it runs rich and smell gas a lot.

It will idle for a minute and die, unstable idling (up and down, up and down...)

If I give it a bit of gas, it will sputter.

I never reached operating temp.

My problem is I live with close neighbors and playing around is a bit difficult (noise and smell...)

I need to be able to drive it just for 1 mile and find an empty place where I can test things around.

So if any of you has a map that could fit.

I already tried almost all the setups in the EMS FAQ with no real luck.

I know I need to learn a lot but I also need to be able to drive it for just one mile!

Thanks

Cheers

Simon

My_280Z.zip

Edited by 2s2mad

If you havent done so I would try these things. Remove the airflow meter, its not needed. Reduce the fuel pressure to about 30psi. Get it to idle and check your wideband. You should be fine at 13.0 AFR. Remember the MS maps are only to get your engine to run, you have to adjust the maps on your computer to suit your engine. If your wide band reads rich at idle. ( 8.0- 12.0 ) Reduce the numbers in the bins of your fuel map until you get 13.0 that should have your engine running smoother. Unles you have a vacuum leak or something else going on.

Simon,

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a good N/A fuel only .msq.

I took a quick look at your .msq and saw that you are trying to run the Alpha-N algorithm. Alpha-N is mostly used for ITBs.

Edited by tennesseejed