HybridZ

Cam Classification help

badboyz31

Alright guys I have searched all over but I can't seem to find anything.

I have a cam from a L24e that cam with my 280zx. What I'm trying to find out is why the cam has a "K" stamped in it? does anyone have a clue what cam this could be?

Thanks,

Cam

Don't know about the 'K' stamping but if it came from a L24e (Maxima) then it's a low profile camshaft. A quick check with a digital caliper across a lobe, height and width, would decern the approximate lift. I'm guessing it will be 7mm cam lift or 10mm at the valve.

Edited by ezzzzzzz

• 11 years later...
On 6/5/2011 at 11:16 PM, badboyz31 said:

Alright guys I have searched all over but I can't seem to find anything.

I have a cam from a L24e that cam with my 280zx. What I'm trying to find out is why the cam has a "K" stamped in it? does anyone have a clue what cam this could be?

Thanks,

Cam
Well, I haven't heard of it myself. It's strange that the letter "K" is written. Well, in general you have already been answered and I think that is the right answer. I even searched the classification essays and used https://studymoose.com/essay-types/classification-essays for that. I don't know, I didn't find anything. Not the slightest bit of information.

I haven't seen this yet, can I have a photo?

Edited by BenjaminMarshalllC4