HybridZ

vh45de swap kits

Calico

A performance shop in my area might be interested in offering a useful product to the z community, a vh45de swap kit. There is a very strong interest in performance options for the last model 300zx(z32) chassis. Unfortunatly if you cant afford the twin turbo model then your only options are you spend the money(40hrs of labor) to swap in the vg30dett drivetrain into a N/A z32 or do bolt ons to the vg30de w/a hit of N2o. The vh45de is the 330hp, all aluminum 32 valve dohc v8 that was offered in the infinity q45. They are plentiful, fit into the z32 chassis, can mount against the 5speed 300zx transmission with a fabricated adapter and the stock manifolds pass the frame rails.

Figured id ask and see what the response would be if a basic kit was offered. How many Z'ers would be interested in purschasing a kit or having a conversion done? What would you all be willing to spend? Here's what I'm proposing;

1. basic kit:

modified vg30de/vh45de oil pan, fabricated mounts, modified vh45de exhaust manifolds, fabricated vh45de/FS5R30A trans adapter.

2. modified vh45de engine harness

3. Possible Turbo upgrade in the future:

custom exhaust manifold, small turbo, intercooler

They are not as plentiful around here. I am doing a swap and having a heck of a time finding stuff for it. I had to drive 3 hours away just to find a motor, and still have not found a wiring harness locally. I'll take a bunch of pics of my conversion.

• 3 weeks later...

I am very interested in dropping a VH45DE into a Z31 1987 300ZX car

with a 4 speed automatic formerly supplied with the '92 Infinity Q45, swapping the sump pan,

and getting on the road this year. Turbo on this engine could be added within a year.

Any inputs desireable.

PDFFlyer

I can't even find a harness where I am.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You should post this up on 300zxclub.com, twinturbo.net and nicocarclub.com to gauge more interest. I already have a TT but would be very interested in the kit myself. People were already thinking of making a kit but what you listed seems alittle more detailed than other's.

• 5 months later...