HybridZ

1971 240z Series 1 - "Z-Wolf"

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice set up. How is your holding feeling with the length with NRG 2.5 Gen quick release?

Honestly it doesnt feel that great right now, but I think that will go away over time. The original steering wheel is about 4.5 inches from the base and the setup I have now is about 7.25 inches out from the base ( 6 inches total from moma base/nrg top ). I ended up just moving my seat back, but it really sucks using the blinkers as you need to remove your hand from the steering wheel to flip it up or down. I was thinking about modifying the blinker lever, maybe cut and weld it angled, or i can just get rid of the nrg quick release haha. Moving to a new steering wheel made a huge difference for me though. If i ended up doing it again i would probably go with the thin profile version.

Installed the MSA airdam yesterday. I gotta say this thing made me do this the whole time......u6VC7.gif

I couldn't get it to fit, line up, or stay straight. So after an hour, I finally gave up and just said it looks perfect and started drilling some holes. How the heck are these things supposed to mount? Some people say mount in the back of the headlight buckets and others say in the front. I obviously installed it on the back side but its about a quarter inch too wide on each side. Is this so you can install fender flares?

Datsun_240z_airdam_brake_03.jpg

Datsun_240z_airdam_brake_01.jpg

Arggggggggg..................................

Datsun_240z_airdam_brake_02.jpg