HybridZ

240z 5/0 drifting

aplyedmind

I came across this video on youtube of a 240z with a 5/0 drifting around in a back parking lot and he holds it down very well and clean . Car doen't look to be under to much stress . Anyone Know who's s30 that is and What suspension mods are down . He clearly has a lsd of some sort . But any who I Though I'd share this video with u guys Just to show the people who don't think s30's can drift :lol: (just messing).

Actually didn't look like he had a LSD to me, but that's just my opinion. Would be interesting to get some specs of the car from the builder.

It appeared to be a welded diff to me. Had to be LSD or welded. It did a two wheel burnout.

Funny, I've laid down twin strips of rubber with my open R200....

:-P

Not when you stepped on the brakes you sure didn't. You cannot do power brake 2 wheel burnout with an open differential. It just isn't possible.

EDIT: I'd like to also add, I had a 1990 nissan 240sx, open diff. Slick or not, you couldn't slide like that. Trust me. I could get it sideways, but it would not hold a wide circle like that.

Edited by ModernS30

Not when you stepped on the brakes you sure didn't. You cannot do power brake 2 wheel burnout with an open differential. It just isn't possible.

EDIT: I'd like to also add, I had a 1990 nissan 240sx, open diff. Slick or not, you couldn't slide like that. Trust me. I could get it sideways, but it would not hold a wide circle like that.

Who ever said I did a brake stand?

And comparing the S13 and S30, and both most likely modified from stock regarding suspension, in how well they hold a circle is like comparing cheese and moldy chicken in how they stick to the ceiling.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that we really don't know what's in it, and to MY EYES (which could certainly be wrong) if he does have LSD it's not terribly great. But then again his whole rear suspension setup looks questionable from where I'm sitting.(says the guy who needs all new bushings still...)