HybridZ

Will seafoam hurt a turbo engine?

I used it on my jeep and it worked good, but it was a crudy 4 cylinder with no power adder. Kind of a lame question but I read dirt can ruin turbos where the oil cools the shaft and seafoam burns up(not sure what it does but it cleans your engine out pretty good) all the dirt, sludge and hydrocarbons. I appreciate good advice.

Well I don't know if it can cause any long term problems but I used it on my 4 cylinder turbo engine in my Mitsubishi Eclipse. It made it idle and rev smoother. Maybe other people have different experiences but it worked great for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big believer in SeaFoam.

I would advise that you do the intake manifold treatment before changing plugs in case so gunk from valves comes off onto your new plugs and dirties them.

I have used it on two cars (intake and gas treatment only - I use good oil and change regularly so no need to use in oil) and have had positive results both times in idling and off throttle pick-up.