HybridZ

What wheels would you choose?

Alright, so I'm kind of in a pickle. There are quite a few nice sets of rims out there for our Z's that look awesome. Unfortunately there are TOO many and I'm having difficulty choosing.

Im doing 16'x8'(maybe 8.5) all around, most likely +0 offset. 225 or 235 up front, 245 to 255 in the rear. I can't decide!

These are the 2 im currenty interested in.

Rota Grid V (in the dark copper looking color or gunmetal)

asdasdasdasdasdj.jpg

And Rota RB-R (in the gunmetal-polished lip, or the gold-polished lip

rota_rbr_03.jpg

Now I'm not dead-set on these sets, but here's what I'm thinking. I want something that LOOKS JDM'y: Something that looks like it BELONGS on the car, or would look nice, but won't break the bank (RBR's are 625 for a set, Grid V's are similar if not a tad more). What are your thoughts? Any sets of wheels you think would look sweet on a 260z? I'm planning for the car to be a gunmetal or silver, but car is currently ROFLWAFL-Orange.

HALP!

Edited by 2JZ260z

I think it depends on whether or not you are running ZG flares. I think the Rota RB-R looks great with ZG flares but I think a more modern style wheel looks better without them. Check out Dailydrifter's car with the XXR 527 wheels. That looks nice.

I really wanna do RB-r's but I think EVERYONE does them so its like UGH. But the Grid Offroads look SO nice! I'm not sure whether or not I'll do flares. As it stands, I have no money to get the flairs so I won't right now, but I guess eventually I will? GRIDS LOOK SO HAWT

What color is your car? That plays such a huge factor into what wheels you get that there's no way I'd be able to say one or the other without at least knowing that.

That being said, RB-R's look kinda funky with 0 offset.

Just my opinion.

What offsets look good. Heres a general idea of what it looks like. Right now I'm leaning towards the grids just for the fact that they'd look pretty cool. THey don't have to be those two tho. If anyone knows some nice wheels that look good, by all means link them!

205702_1996380867389_1179506912_32468087_5533095_n.jpg

This is with no motor in it obviously. I need to take some new pictures. I think later on, the car will be a dark grey/silver or gunmetal.

<object width="400" height="266" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/2198250474003" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/2198250474003" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="266"></embed></object>

Edited by 2JZ260z

Yeah, both of the sets of wheels I REALLY wanted were 2 monthes out... The RB-R's I had to wait for as well, which is retarddded. I just picked up some XXR 513 16x8's in gunmetal for now and when the Grid's are available I'll get those and sell the 513's

Buy what you want. Why ask other people what to buy? That is your decision. You buy

to please your self, not others.

I have never taken a poll or even asked on what to put on my car and never will.

I don't know your case but I see young guys with cars that need thousands of $$ worth

of work and they put on brand new wheels and tires. Car still looks like crap. Wheels come last IMO.