HybridZ

T3 cfm?

I'm finally getting around to building my turbo Z motor. I've had a T28 ball bearing turbo in storage I planned on using for this build. The CFM is rated about 450 max. T28 .60A/R Having a bit of trouble finding the max CFM for the stock T3 turbo that came with the turbo motors. Just wanted to know how much this turbo is going to outflow the stock one to decide if I should keep it or go with something else before I start welding up the header.

-Ed

According to the compressor maps I found the CFM for a standard T3 60-trim is ~428.

A 50-trim is ~357 and a super 60 is ~464.

Here is the site where I found the maps:

Turbo and Supercharger maps

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the stock T3 was equivalent to the 50-trim so you should gain about 100cfm.

What type of power band are you looking for?

The T28 exhaust housing might be a bit small if you want a high revving motor, you might be happier with a T3/T4 hybrid of some sort.

• 1 month later...

According to the compressor maps I found the CFM for a standard T3 60-trim is ~428.

A 50-trim is ~357 and a super 60 is ~464.

Here is the site where I found the maps:

Turbo and Supercharger maps

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the stock T3 was equivalent to the 50-trim so you should gain about 100cfm.

What type of power band are you looking for?

The T28 exhaust housing might be a bit small if you want a high revving motor, you might be happier with a T3/T4 hybrid of some sort.

Well i'm looking at running it on an N/A build with low boost. Quick response, more torque where it's useable. Not looking for a dyno queen, just alot of midrange torque... was going to drift this car a little.