HybridZ

Least Convincing GTO replica ever....

Trevor

Wow, should I be more concerned with the ugliness of the car or idiocy of the owner.

I suggest you shouldn't be concerned at all. That car is no worse than 9 out of 10 fiberglas "427 Cobras" with GM running gear I stumble over at car shows. It appears the workmanship is good, the front end and back side are clean to my eye. I'm no fan of the wheel arch treatment, but some might like it. If he has an original set of JDM light covers with chrome rings, he may, in fact, have an accessory that packs that $500 price tag.

G

I suggest you shouldn't be concerned at all. That car is no worse than 9 out of 10 fiberglas "427 Cobras" with GM running gear I stumble over at car shows. It appears the workmanship is good, the front end and back side are clean to my eye. I'm no fan of the wheel arch treatment, but some might like it. If he has an original set of JDM light covers with chrome rings, he may, in fact, have an accessory that packs that $500 price tag.

G

I wouldn't be so sure about the workmanship. Smooth lines can be deceiving on small pictures like that, you have to look closely at all the edges where parts meet. It doesn't look like the hood lines up all that well, the blinkers are clearly an afterthought, There's something funky going on with the mounting of the rear window, the side skirts seem to show the parting line because they weren't feathered in, and after all that molding work the rear spoiler is a stick on. The interior isn't any better. He has one of those cheap dash half caps, and the gauges don't even match.

Is that a strut tower brace which is only attached via one bolt on each side, and then covered with faux stainless hose wrap?

I was trying to figure that out myself but gave up. I was hoping for his sake that it was just a reflection, but that does look like an AN fitting at the end.

The front looks like Lightnig McQueen!!!!

It would probably sell for more if it was marketed as such. Someone should ask what the car is supposed to be and see how offended the owner gets :P

Does anyone know what the deal is with a trophy for "TOP 2" by the way?

The important thing is that the logos are all genuine. It's got a genuine horn button (not operational) on the steering wheel (not genuine). ;)

If he has an original set of JDM light covers with chrome rings, he may, in fact, have an accessory that packs that $500 price tag.

If they are G-Nose Covers, the vendor at the Swap Meet on Odaiba Island outside Tokyo was asking 77,400 yen for them...

Yen sits at 77 to the dollar right now... :blink:

I spent more money there than I have at all car shows and swap meets I've attended in the USA in the past 5 years!

Actually, I like the nose treatment. I'm kind of with Chaparral on this one...

FYI:

The headlight covers ordered from Japan in 1985 should have only cost around $250 for the pair at any North American Nissan Dealer. At that time G-Nose complete was around 3 Grand, and in Japan was $1,700 including covers (which at the time were 30,000 yen, and roughly $111, but sold here in the USA for $250, almost a 100% markup.) Since then parts pricing has gone up. Currently I think the last pair of REAL JDM covers NIB went for $600.

Edited by Tony D

Picky,Picky, Picky. 99% of youse guys builds ain't half as good as Chelle's, and I don't hear her putting down others. So whats the point of all the bchn?

99% of us don't put ourselves on pedestals....glass houses and all that.

Is that a strut tower brace which is only attached via one bolt on each side, and then covered with faux stainless hose wrap?

To help contain the increased pressure of a SBC V-8......

Edited by Trevor

What would you sell it as, 'reliable daily transportation'? :huh:

"If it don't go, chrome it. If it's chromed, show it!"

I can't be THAT old can I? :mellow:

Yep.

Circa 1953, at least.

Right along with: Paint your Chevy green, so you can park in the grass and watch to Fords go by.

g