HybridZ

RHD brake/clutch lines?

Just going through all the parts I'd need for a RHD swap on my '78. I'm probably going to get flamed for considering it, but I'm building it for me and not planning on reselling it or anything. Ideally I'd like to find a genuine Fairlady, but it looks like the chances are slim of finding a non rusted Fairlady stateside that's within my budget. It's looking like it'll be less expensive to find a rusted out RHD and swap everything over.

So I'll need the dash, obviously. Also the steering rack. From what I've read, I can use my LHD steering column. I can more than likely weld up pedal mounts, but if I find a shell, I can use the mounts off of it. Console, wiper controls. I should be able to move my master cylinders, but I'm wondering what I should do for brake lines. Can I use the original hardlines or would it be easier to use the RHD lines?

Thanks

They are out there, an I will bet the money I said you could buy one for that before your conversion is completed, there will be one that shows up for that price!

They show up regularly at the usual places. More than a dozen last year alone.

Eyes and ears to the interweb, gentlemen...

I bought my first one off ebay for 1020.00 almost rust free. It looked like hell but was a very solid car. The one I have now was for sale on the HAZCC club website. You just have to look for them. There is one here in kansas city for sale on craigslist right now. (not mine)

My bud in Henderson NV just said he saw one on a trailer there, in primer...

They are around. More than you think!

Guys get greedy, and eventually realize they're just another Z-Car and unless it's something REALLY special, it's not going to command a premium much above what a similar condition US Spec car would sell for in the same venue.

The guy in KC figures he's got GOLD. So since nobody in KC Appreciates what he has, he's going to E-Bay where the money will roll in to him. :rolleyes:

Seen it all the time. Give it a couple attempts and the price will come down.

Just going through all the parts I'd need for a RHD swap on my '78. I'm probably going to get flamed for considering it, but I'm building it for me and not planning on reselling it or anything. Ideally I'd like to find a genuine Fairlady, but it looks like the chances are slim of finding a non rusted Fairlady stateside that's within my budget. It's looking like it'll be less expensive to find a rusted out RHD and swap everything over.

So I'll need the dash, obviously. Also the steering rack. From what I've read, I can use my LHD steering column. I can more than likely weld up pedal mounts, but if I find a shell, I can use the mounts off of it. Console, wiper controls. I should be able to move my master cylinders, but I'm wondering what I should do for brake lines. Can I use the original hardlines or would it be easier to use the RHD lines?

Thanks

There is a pretty rusted out RHD car in SA, Tx for cheap if your willing to take drive for parts. Here is the link: http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/2442911561.html

I wouldn't say that car is really rusted. The parts that are rusted are compatible with US Market parts (the floors)---pieces to lust after are the electric windows!

They would fit in any 74-early 76 2+2 very nicely with some rewiring to make the double switch on the lefthand side!

Frankly, it would be cheaper buying that and repairing the rust with a solid LHD Donor than it would be to do a conversion!