HybridZ

S2000 Seat Install

Blown77Z

I've been looking for quite some time now for some nice seats to replace the 30+ year old ragged out seats in my 77 280z. Well, now I have some !

I picked these up from misterZ on the board yesterday. Cool guy to talk to with some nice toys in the yard ;)

These are 03? S2000 seats that were already modified to fit the 280z chassis, PERFECT find for me!

S2000DriverSeat2.jpg

S2000DriverSeat1.jpg

S2000-77_280zInstalled.jpg

S2000-77_280zDriversidedoor.jpg

S2000-77_280zTransTunnel.jpg

NOW for the measuring write up for you guys ;) ALL of the following pictures are from the drivers side mount. I assumed the mount was equal on the passenger side too.....

I'm 5'11 and they fit me GOOD :)

Rear mounting bracket

S2000-77_280zSeatBrackets2.jpg

Front mounting bracket

S2000-77_280zSeatBrackets3.jpg

Measured from the rear bracket to the front bracket, outer edge to outer edge

S2000-77_280zSeatBrackets9.jpg

Length of the front bracket

S2000-77_280zSeatBrackets8.jpg

Length of the rear bracket

S2000-77_280zSeatBrackets7.jpg

Height of the rear bracket

S2000-77_280zSeatBrackets6.jpg

Headroom measurement

S2000-77_280zHeadroom.jpg

Is there any way you could sit in the seat (to press it down) and then measure what the distance is from the seat to the roof of the car is?

Some people, despite being similar height, may not have as much head room as you if they have a longer torso.

Seats look great btw!

Edited by Neverdone

Is there any way you could sit in the seat (to press it down) and then measure what the distance is from the seat to the roof of the car is?

Some people, despite being similar height, may not have as much head room as you if they have a longer torso.

Seats look great btw!

Thanks ! I think they look great too !

Here's a picture of me sitting in the seat. I did measure the actual seat with me sitting in it, there was no change in seat/roof measurement.

S2000Seats-77_280zActualHeadroom-1.jpg

Final install

S2000Seats-77_280zBothInstalled.jpg

Here is a good score for someone close by: http://www.corpusracing.com/community/showthread.php?7911-S2000-seats-for-sale

You can set up an alert in Google mail that will send you a link for whatever your parameters are. For instance, I set one up for "S2000 seats sale" and I get an email every time someone posts a set for sale.

Edited by Arif