HybridZ

Rota Fast Forwards (Watanabe Replicas)

Interested in these too, I may like these more than the RB-rs since they're one solid color and not two tone. Don't get me wrong I like a polished lip, but I like the look of the original wantanabes best. 17x9.5 will NOT fit on a stock unrolled/flared fender correct?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh damn. I like this design so much better than the RBR's I already bought. I bought a set of Fast Forwards years ago in 15". I could never find out who made them or if there were additional sizes. I think I want in on that group buy if/when it happens.

Am I the only one bummed these are only available in 17s? 17 is too big for my taste.

I have RB-Rs now, and these certainly look a lot better, but then they would since they look identical to Wats. Maybe I'll just be super irresponsible and order a set of R types...

Am I the only one bummed these are only available in 17s? 17 is too big for my taste.

I have RB-Rs now, and these certainly look a lot better, but then they would since they look identical to Wats. Maybe I'll just be super irresponsible and order a set of R types...

I agree, if these came in 16s Id be all over them. Probably going to go with the R types as well. More expensive but probably the right thing to do, with all the knock-off brand stuff I buy its good to support the big guys every once-in-a-while :)

I agree, if these came in 16s Id be all over them. Probably going to go with the R types as well. More expensive but probably the right thing to do, with all the knock-off brand stuff I buy its good to support the big guys every once-in-a-while :)

You said it best, while saving money is never a bad thing, proper R-Types cannot be improved upon, in my opinion.

I guess they are called the RK-R now:

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=48399&highlight=rota+fast+forward

From the above thread someone posted this link:

http://rotablog.co.uk/blog/?p=4231

It stated the following:

It’s mid-week here in the Rota office so we thought we’d tease you all with an upcoming wheel we’re sure will be a hit! This is the Rota RK-R, the next generation of the Rota RB. In a 15x8in low-offset fitment (either 0 or +10)  it’s another quality design perfect for hatchbacks and MX5s. This particular RK-R is specifically for the AE86 with a 4×114.3 bolt pattern, but by the time these are ready for release we’ll have a 17in version available too…

Edited by mrcheeze36