HybridZ

Confusion about hub centric wheel spacers.

I've tried searching, but have not come to a definitive answer. I am led to believe that my 1972 240z hub bore size is 73mm. I've also measured the front hub and my calipers say the same thing, but when I search for spacers on ebay, they all end up listing hub centric spacers for bore size 66.1/.2, but no 73mm. Am I missing something? I thought 66.1mm hub sizing was for the 240sx.

66.1mm

Please help.

Thanks,

Tyler

The 240Z is not designed for hub centric wheels. There's nothing for the wheel hub to center on and it really doesn't matter anyway.

So I would be fine going with the cheaper 66.1mm spacers made for the 240sx?

So I would be fine going with the cheaper 66.1mm spacers made for the 240sx?

A 66mm bore spacer wont fit over the bearing cover on the front wheels, but it should go on the back no problem. The spacer would need to have a bore of 73 or anything bigger to clear the front. This is based on my experience trying to get 66mm bore wheels on my'73 240, they simply wouldn't go on. Perhaps '72s had different sizing. It would be easy enough to take the wheel off and measure what the diameter of that bearing cover is though.

Edited by KyleG

I bought the 66.1mm wheel spacers by accident when I got mine. Bought a couple 2" flapper wheels and stuck em on the drill press and opened up the hole. Worked pretty good, but count on using up a flapper wheel for each spacer. I did 2 and all but completely used up 2 flappers.