HybridZ

76 door panels

afbrian13

When I bought my 76 it didn't have any door panels. Along the way I got a 78 for the motor, and it happened to have a pretty decent set of black door panels. I know all about the difference in the different years, and thats not my question.

I'm debating if I should put a couple holes in them for the window crank and door lock then put a plastic plug in the original holes for now, and recover them down the road, or keep searching for decent black 76 panels. On principal I do not want to screw up a good stock set of panels, and on the other hand I have these and havent had any luck finding the right ones? Opinions? I'd also like speakers, but don't know if I can bring myself to cut those holes in some good panels. Instead of devil on one side, angel on the other its a rodder on one side and a restorer on the other!

Opinions? Suggestions?

I had big holes cut in mine by the PO. I found a local upholstery guy who re-did the panels on my 76. No speaker holes, nice clean look. I would look for a 76 set (good or bad), you can always re-do the panels. If you found one, you can sell your 78 panels to finance your upholstery expenses.