HybridZ

need help in Huntsville AL area

dan

I purchased a 280zxt with megasquirt and I am willing to pay someone to help me with programming . The car is running rough and wants to shut down when it starts to boost .

Have you searched around Huntsville to see if there are any performance shops near?

I know Go-autoworks is a good shop but is in Montgomery area which is a hours away from you.

http://go-autoworks.com/

I do not have wideband but going to get one. It doesnt miss at idle but wants to shut down or miss when it starts to boost . I have not acessed my maps but will try this weekend maybe something is off in them not really sure what to check the prev owner said well tuned when listed on ebay but runs like crap.

• 4 years later...

I do not have wideband but going to get one. It doesnt miss at idle but wants to shut down or miss when it starts to boost . I have not acessed my maps but will try this weekend maybe something is off in them not really sure what to check the prev owner said well tuned when listed on ebay but runs like crap.

Hi Dan,

I'm in huntsville too and need help with the megasquirt tuning of my Z.  Are you able to recommend someone local?

Ask him if he has worked on any Z-cars and see what he says.  He did my Z-car's harness and tuning and I have had no trouble whatsoever (I did all the mechanical work).  I paid 250 to have the ground wire on my harness repaired, then 500 for a dyno session.  There were some little adjustments after that where he did not charge me.  I would not have him do a total engine swap-he really bloodied me on an LS conversion on another vehicle.  I think that if he does the work himself, it's good.  But if he hands it off to one of his mechanics, its well....not as good.  I'm pretty sure he does all the tuning himself.  He doesn't talk much, so don't let that put you off.  Double check any mechanical work, just like you would for any mechanical work done by anybody.  Check fluid levels before driving car away.  I had a lot of trouble with the second vehicle I sent him, but I'm driving it now and it is working out fine in the end.  And be patient-he works when he feels like it.

Ask him if he has worked on any Z-cars and see what he says.  He did my Z-car's harness and tuning and I have had no trouble whatsoever (I did all the mechanical work).  I paid 250 to have the ground wire on my harness repaired, then 500 for a dyno session.  There were some little adjustments after that where he did not charge me.  I would not have him do a total engine swap-he really bloodied me on an LS conversion on another vehicle.  I think that if he does the work himself, it's good.  But if he hands it off to one of his mechanics, its well....not as good.  I'm pretty sure he does all the tuning himself.  He doesn't talk much, so don't let that put you off.  Double check any mechanical work, just like you would for any mechanical work done by anybody.  Check fluid levels before driving car away.  I had a lot of trouble with the second vehicle I sent him, but I'm driving it now and it is working out fine in the end.  And be patient-he works when he feels like it.

Thanks for the advice.  I didn't get a chance to ask him about his knowledge with Z's.  I had a charging problem that was fixed by Russell bro electric and it idled ok at the lot.  I'm just so frustrated with tuning that I decided to pass it to Culver.  I wasn't confident with his knowledge of megasquirt, but he knew how to tune (which I'm hoping is all that this car needs). If this fails, I might just convert it to carbs.

If this works out, I'll buy you a beer or something.  Is there a Z club in Huntsville?