HybridZ

Adjustable Swaybar Hardware source - Mounted PIcs

Guys, I've got an adjustable rear swaybar that Im' trying to sort out. The mounts to the chassis (behind mustach bar) are already on the Zcar. But I'm trying to source parts for the endlinks and I'd like to get pictures of the unit already mounted up. I've owned this bar for a little while and bought it off a member on ebay a while back... It was used with zero documentation...I'm also running the AZ Zcar rear chromoly control arms... Looking for sources for hardware and pics of the unit mounted up.

37c93964.jpg

fe24d208.jpg

49b0718d.jpg

6d6d1f31.jpg

Any help would be wonderful...

Mike

The heimjoint on the AZ Zcar control arm is only slightly larger, so opening up the tab on the slider harder is possible. Looks like a large cotter pin was used to keep the slider in place, along with the two "clamping" bolts. It has two drilled holes. John, I bought this from a racer who was liquidating all his Zcar "stuff"... I thought he said it was an "old" DP unit, but couldn't remember until I just read your post.

Mike

Edited by Mikelly

Mike,

I'd mount the bar on the car, see how much length you need between the heim joints, and then either use a male and female heim joint or use threaded ron and lock nuts if a longer length is needed. I bet a male and female heim joint would work there.

What is the the thread in the hiem? 3/8" fine maybe..just thinking if it is 3/8" fine, then it maybe a similar mount to the end links sold by MSA and Dave at AZ. Just add the top washer and stud mount shock bushing to bolt slip through the sway bar end link mount on LC then add lower bushing and washer then thread in to hiem.A sleeve may need to added to position the hiem away from the LC to mount the clamp. Thats what I see IF the threaded hole in the hiem is 3/8. Just took a look at Daves site and seen a bar mount there that brought up this vision.