HybridZ

Leon's 260Z

Here's a vid from last night (video correction: "spark plug wire orientation"):

http://s518.photobucket.com/albums/u345/LeonVin/RLS30-004406/?action=view&current=Startup.mp4

The throttle response and idle are way crisper than it was with the stock distributor, keeping in mind that this is on a cold startup with triples and disconnected starter circuit. Ok, so I do run a bit rich... but still this is nice!

Edited by Leon

Wired in the MJLJ controller and started it up. Looks like things are working as they should! I'll need to tidy up the wiring and clean things up a bit, but I should be essentially done. Whew...

I may do another dyno baseline and some ignition map tuning if the local shop has an opening this week.

Next up: transmission, LSD swap and HID install

I have until 9/13, and I'll be out of town over Labor Day weekend. I sense some long nights ahead... :unsure:

I scheduled a dyno run on September 8th at Dito's Motors, where I got it dyno'd the first time (posted here). I scheduled it early, so I can still possibly drive up to the BBQ once I'm done at the dyno.

The plan is to compare the header/twice pipes with the stock manifold/single, with everything else as it was. I will also compare the difference between the stock timing I ran in the initial baseline to the more advanced timing I run now, plus run the dizzy and EDIS setups back-to-back. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to tune the EDIS spark map as well.

The consequences of this are, that I won't be putting in the flywheel/trans/diff in until after the dyno as to not skew the dyno comparison. This means that I'll have from 9/9 to 9/12 to do all of that. Damn my poor timing.

Ð¾Ñ‚Ð»Ð¸Ñ‡Ð½Ð°Ñ Ñ€Ð°Ð±Ð¾Ñ‚Ð° .Тебе нравитÑÑ Ð±Ñ‹Ñ‚ÑŒ американцем? :D

Большое ÑпаÑибо!! Конечно, кaк можÑÑ‚ не нравица! Давай, прилетай Ñюда. :D

Ð¾Ñ‚Ð»Ð¸Ñ‡Ð½Ð°Ñ Ñ€Ð°Ð±Ð¾Ñ‚Ð° .Тебе нравитÑÑ Ð±Ñ‹Ñ‚ÑŒ американцем? :D

ÐадеюÑÑŒ, вы Ñможете найти Z ÑобÑтвенного Ñкоро в РоÑÑии. Удачи в поиÑках :)

ÐадеюÑÑŒ, вы Ñможете найти Z ÑобÑтвенного Ñкоро в РоÑÑии. Удачи в поиÑках :)

Alex, I didn't know you speak Russian? :lol:

Большое ÑпаÑибо!! Конечно, кaк можÑÑ‚ не нравица! Давай, прилетай Ñюда. :D

ХотелоÑÑŒ бы конечно но нет возможноÑти.Я же не ученый, не олигарх, Ñ Ð´Ð°Ð¶Ðµ не Маша Шарапова :D Ñ Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾Ñтой человек который делает битое авто.

ÐÐ»ÐµÐºÑ Ð’ РоÑÑии нет Z Серии может пару штук наберетÑÑ Ð²Ñего .

ХотелоÑÑŒ бы конечно но нет возможноÑти.Я же не ученый, не олигарх, Ñ Ð´Ð°Ð¶Ðµ не Маша Шарапова :D Ñ Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾Ñтой человек который делает битое авто.

Ð’Ñ‹ должны Ñмотреть на Ebay. Ð’Ñ‹ можете найти и купить автомобиль и отправить ее в течение практичеÑки в любых уÑловиÑÑ…. Или проÑто потратить немного больше за автомобиль, который не нуждаетÑÑ Ð² работе. Удачи!

ПонÑтно. Ðу, желаю тебе удачи! Я был бы рад проверить возможные покупки, еÑли они находÑÑ‚ÑÑ Ð½ÐµÐ´Ð°Ð»ÐµÐºÐ¾ от Сан ФранциÑко. Давай, ищи!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished the HID install on Saturday. Damn it's nice to have bright headlights, especially coming from stock/non-relay'd ones. I never got what the fuss about HIDs was, until I got the S2k which has amazing headlights! I'm glad I put these on the Z, it should make night driving a whole lot safer especially for the upcoming JCCS trip.

After mulling it over, I decided not to be a maniac and not try to swap the trans, diff and clutch in 1 day, 3 days before the road trip. I can smell Murphy's Law wafting in. If the exhaust wasn't such a PITA to remove, I might have considered it. Instead, I'll do some maintenance (brakes, HVAC, weatherstripping, carb jetting, thermostat, etc.) and try to make the trip as comfortable and successful as possible. The swaps will have to wait until some point after JCCS and likely after the month of September.

Leon,

I sat down and watched a couple of your videos. Car sounds great! My z is up on stands for a while. I just pulled the spindle pins out of the rear suspension assembly. It took a lot of effort even with a puller tool. I am gearing up to remove the outer bushings themselves from the transverse links. I a bearing installer that I was going to try first. I have heard people have to resort to cutting the outers out. What did you do? You may have already discussed this in the thread, sorry in advance if you already covered it.

Bill