HybridZ

Leon's 260Z

Got another little Christmas present for myself today! :D

12-11-11.jpg

Looks like I need a new camera, they look better in person.

I'm glad you ended up getting them! Should be sweet! How much did you end up talking the guy down to? Those should look really nice in your interior. Nice job haha!

Got another little Christmas present for myself today! :D

12-11-11.jpg

Looks like I need a new camera, they look better in person.

Seats look great! Let us know how well they fit and how they affect seating position. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about my own seats and would really benefit from this.

I'm glad you ended up getting them! Should be sweet! How much did you end up talking the guy down to? Those should look really nice in your interior. Nice job haha!

Thanks! Ended up paying $280.

Seats look great! Let us know how well they fit and how they affect seating position. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about my own seats and would really benefit from this.

Thanks man! Supposedly, they bolt up to stock rails. I've yet to try, but I'll definitely give a report on how they fit compared to my stock seats.

The thing is though, I'm not really sure on where these seats came from. The guy I got it from said that they are replica seats, possibly from "East Bear" but I really don't have an idea what they are yet. I'll be researching to see if I can find the seats' origin.

Woah, that's a good price! Weren't those the ones the guy was trying to get 500 for?

He was asking 400, so I think I got a decent deal. Maybe this weekend will give me some time to see whether they bolt to the stock rails and how they fit in the car.

I've really been splurging on Z-stuff recently, and I'm feeling a bit financially irresponsible. There is a 4.375 R200 CLSD in my future!

I made a promise to myself to not spend any more money on the Z until next year... <_<

He was asking 400, so I think I got a decent deal. Maybe this weekend will give me some time to see whether they bolt to the stock rails and how they fit in the car.

I've really been splurging on Z-stuff recently, and I'm feeling a bit financially irresponsible. There is a 4.375 R200 CLSD in my future!

I made a promise to myself to not spend any more money on the Z until next year... <_<

ya that's not a bad deal at all. Cheaper than kragen seats, and probably much better. If you need any welding for rails or whatever, let me know! Haha I wish I could splurge on Z stuff. I've been saving up... for registration <_<. I want an lsd... But I'm saving that for a future upgrade!

it's almost next year... who's counting? haha

ya that's not a bad deal at all. Cheaper than kragen seats, and probably much better. If you need any welding for rails or whatever, let me know! Haha I wish I could splurge on Z stuff. I've been saving up... for registration <_<. I want an lsd... But I'm saving that for a future upgrade!

it's almost next year... who's counting? haha

Exactly! :D

I was happy today to finally have some time to work on the Z. The stock brackets bolt on to the "Nismo" seats with minimal effort! All I had to do was remove the stock brackets (not as easy as it could be) and press out the seat-to-bracket bolts in my bench vice. Then, the stock brackets needed a new hole drilled in them to match the hole spacing on the new seats.

Unfortunately, the seats do sit me a bit higher up than stock. I had to remove my roll-bar in order to fit comfortably. I do fit, but a helmet makes things very uncomfortable. I'll finish installing the seats and see if I like them. If not, then I can always switch back.

I'll try to upload the pics tomorrow.

Exactly! :D

I was happy today to finally have some time to work on the Z. The stock brackets bolt on to the "Nismo" seats with minimal effort! All I had to do was remove the stock brackets (not as easy as it could be) and press out the seat-to-bracket bolts in my bench vice. Then, the stock brackets needed a new hole drilled in them to match the hole spacing on the new seats.

Unfortunately, the seats do sit me a bit higher up than stock. I had to remove my roll-bar in order to fit comfortably. I do fit, but a helmet makes things very uncomfortable. I'll finish installing the seats and see if I like them. If not, then I can always switch back.

I'll try to upload the pics tomorrow.

Sounds like you made it off easy with getting them installed. I keep reading of people having issues with their seats being too close to the steering wheel haha. Makes me glad to have the short arms. Looking forward to seeing how they look!

• 3 weeks later...

On New Year's Day, I went to the "Anti-Football Run" along with a few other guys (a couple of them from hybridZ). It was a fun event, even though I was going on 2.5 hours of sleep, consisting of a nice cruise in the North Bay with a ton of other classic cars. I snapped a few pics for your enjoyment!

Nice Roadster

101_0256.jpg

101_0262.jpg

Sweet Skyline, owned by one of the guys that was in our group!

101_0264.jpg

Glenn's blue Fairlady with my 260Z behind it

101_0285.jpg

101_0286.jpg

A few cars from our group

101_0299.jpg

101_0300.jpg

Swig's son's ride

101_0290.jpg

I look forward to next year's event!

I also finally got some time today to work on the Z!

Played a little bit with a new-to-me differential:

101_0310.jpg

I don't speak Japanese, but was curious about these characters

101_0312.jpg

101_0317.jpg

101_0315.jpg

It's a 4.375 CLSD R200! So, my next big project is going to involve dropping the exhaust, tranny and diff in preparation for some changes. Before that, I want to go back to the dyno to see the changes made by the header/twice pipes.

I'll be putting in a new intake/exhaust gasket, the Fidanza flywheel, stock Exedy clutch, late ZX 5-speed, and 4.375 diff. I'll be doing all of this at the same time, so the Z should feel quite different when I'm done!

I finally got the seat install done today. The seats are very comfy, but I'm not sure how long I'll keep them since I do sit a bit higher. They sure look nice, but pictures will have to wait until tomorrow when there's better light.

Edited by Leon

Almost forgot, I'm in the process of cleaning out the house and garage and I didn't know what to do with my headers.

101_0323.jpg

Even the fiancee likes it! Don't think I'll get away with putting them up in the living room though... :lol:

That anti football run looks fun! Maybe I'll go next year since I'll have the Z up and running for sure by then. Your new diff looks sweet! I'm sure the LSD will play nice haha. Pics of the seats installed!?

Thanks for reminding me! On to the pics:

101_0330.jpg

101_0325-1.jpg

101_0326-1.jpg

101_0324-1.jpg

101_0327-1.jpg

101_0328-1.jpg

I'll try to get some better quality pics...

My wife tells me the characters on the diff do not translate, so they

are likely the name of a yard or dismantler in Japan. Glad the 5 speed

is going to be put to good use.

Cool, thanks for checking that for me Dan! And your old 5-speed will definitely be put to good use!

Unless I missed it, what did that rear end come out of and is it bolt in?

Good question. The LSD is from an R31 Skyline, it was imported by a prior owner (it might've been done by Dave at AZC). It is a longnose R200 and is therefore a bolt-in if your Z is already setup for the R200. I haven't yet checked if my driveshaft fits the pinion companion flange, but the flange can be swapped for the one in my 3.9 R200.