HybridZ
Gollum

4th Annual NorCal HybridZ BBQ

There's been some small changes this year, hopefully for the better.

006.jpg

So I'm moving the event from our little grove in El Sobrante, to the summit of Mt. Diablo, in the city of Clayton, though most of you will know better where it is when I say it's right next to Concord.

Another change is that I'm opening up the possibility this year to have it on a Sunday! I know some of you simply can't make it out on Saturdays, so I'm letting you vote. Just post your preference if you have one. The optional dates are September 3rd or 4th.

As always the rules are simple. Be into what we're about around here and you're invited. It doesn't matter if you're driving a Honda wagon or a t-bucket rat rod. Keep it civil with no public displays of stupid and we'll have a great time. The only drawback this year, is being at Mt. D we can't bring alcohol as it's strictly forbidden. I know, a real downer. Parking/Gate fee should be the same iirc, which is $5. I'll be heading up to scope things out a bit, and I'll double check the gate fee at that point. Also don't forget $5 to help cover food. I'll be taking care of as much as possible again, but as always feel free to bring some grub to share, and drink variety is usually what I always desire more of personally. If we can get over 20 committed I'll consider bringing hamburgers again, which I know we all missed last year (or at least I did).

Here's another interesting tidbit. I don't have full details yet, but I'm trying to prepare some prizes for some "unique" categories. My idea is to be in the same vein as the LeMons races and have semi-ridiculous prizes for random things, like "furthest drive" or "geekiest mod". Obviously prizes won't be extravagant, but hopefully it will bring some character to our annual little get together.

Well that's most of the details out of the way, so now let me share why I've move the meet.

Just so we're clear, this has nothing to do with me moving to Vacaville, really. biggrin.gif It actually has everything to do with having a fun drive that's worth the trip for some of the longer distance people. We all come together because we LOVE our cars and we love what we can do to and with them. You should at least get to ENJOY your car, even if it's within the legal limits. The drive up Mt Diablo is a great drive, plus there's the added benefit of it still being a very central place to meet for most of us. Most of you would be HARD PRESSED to be unable to get a clear visible shot of Mt D less than 5 miles from your house. Mt D is visible from Napa, Sac, San Jose, Stockton, SF, etc. Though some of us will travel farther than others, most of us should be able to point towards home from the summit and we can all get a visual of where we all come from, which I thought would be fun.

So I hope you join us, and I hope you bring someone along.

1. Gollum & Wife

2. Your Name Here biggrin.gif

PS. Maybe if we get enough people committed we can get some shirts made again this year!

Edited by Gollum

Here's a fun little tidbit. So the above poster I made tonight uses a photo I took of a sweet ride while at Infineon Raceway last year. Looking through the photos again I just noticed that the very next car over, you can actually see Mt. D in the background! How ironic after all that photoshopping I just did... That's a solid 45+ minute drive from that race track to the base of Mt. D btw.

Picture014.jpg

1. Gollum & Wife

2. Voltron_boi ~ Hopes car will be ready

3. KillerBjt ~ Jackstand Attendee

4. wrcbonk ~ Attending without Z + 1

5. MikeBZ

I'm not sure I made this clear before, but don't just feel free to tell people about this meet, but I even strongly encourage you to tell people on other forums you might be on, even if it's completely unrelated to Z cars. Two years ago we had vintage mini's show up, and that's exactly the type of gathering I'm trying to foster. It's about the spirit of hybridZ, not the cars of hybridZ.

Edited by Gollum

1. Gollum & Wife

4. wrcbonk ~ Attending without Z + 1

5. MikeBZ

I'm not sure I made this clear before, but don't just feel free to tell people about this meet, but I even strongly encourage you to tell people on other forums you might be on, even if it's completely unrelated to Z cars. Two years ago we had vintage mini's show up, and that's exactly the type of gathering I'm trying to foster. It's about the spirit of hybridZ, not the cars of hybridZ.

Count me in !! I might bring the 442 instead of the Scarab (most all the Z folks have seen it already). I'll also pitch in some $$$ -- Bring back the burgers !!

Craig Sparkes

So thanks to Craig here I think we can pretty much guarantee hamburgers will be there. Weather I should take that as a compliment on my burgers two years ago, or a hint to people not digging my dogs last year, I'm still not quite clear. tongue.gif

1. Gollum & Wife

4. wrcbonk ~ Attending without Z

5. MikeBZ

6. Scarab 155 ~ Driving the 442 (woot!)

7. rejracer ~ Coming if on Sunday

You're more than welcome to bring a dish, and odds are we'll have extra room on the weber if you wanna cook something.

1. Gollum & Wife

5. MikeBZ

8. oakland240

9. KADET510 + Wife ~ Ratsun attendee w00t!

Edited by Gollum

Here's a fun little tidbit. So the above poster I made tonight uses a photo I took of a sweet ride while at Infineon Raceway last year. Looking through the photos again I just noticed that the very next car over, you can actually see Mt. D in the background! How ironic after all that photoshopping I just did... That's a solid 45+ minute drive from that race track to the base of Mt. D btw.

Picture014.jpg

VERY NICE!! That is my car.. man.. It's so far out there that I won't be able to make it to the event. Plus my car is in pieces now.. Maybe next year I'll be ready for this. And if I'm going.. the Blue Z next to me will be there too. Our cars are 2 peas in a pod. If he's there, so am I and vice versa..

Hopefully next year for sure..

1. Gollum & Wife

5. MikeBZ

8. oakland240

9. KADET510 + Wife ~ Ratsun attendee w00t!

10. Eric~Stealth-Z

11. Nick~ncfisher

12. spitz17 ~ classiczcar members, votes for sunday

Eric ~ I vote TT. I wanna see it! (first I've heard)

Nick ~ I'd love for that to be the image for shirts, but I need to do some more prep work on it. And I'd love to have it on black, which might be more work than I want to bite off right now. Doing it on white might be easier but I'm not sure if it'd be easier/cheaper to omit the mountain.

BTW, is Sunday better for you guys? I figured Eric might be one to vote for Sunday.

itzgoten ~ You should come out with in your friend's car if yours is still in pieces. :-D

So far we're looking like most people with a preference want it on Sunday which I felt would be the case. Gonna wait for at least a week from my initial post to call it for sure.

So I've mocked up a shirt and here's the details:

Shirt.jpg

If most of us are happy with this design we can start writing up an order sheet. By the looks it's going to be $25 per shirt (it IS an estimate from the company though) and it seems like there's no extra cost based on size, and you can order up to a 4XL. These are basic cotton t's, not anything fancy like jersey, but I'm still impressed with the cost of such a detailed photo print.

Order turn around is at least 2 weeks, so we'd need to have the order finalized and PAID FOR by August 15th. We can transfer money via Paypal, and I won't move the money until the order is placed, so IF for any reason you need to back out before August 15th I'll paypal the money back, which being within 30 days shouldn't have paypal fees.

I know stuff like this when it comes to "group buys" is a sticky subject around here as of late, so if I need to I'll find another shirt manufacture in which we can all order individually online, but it'll be more expensive for sure, and once shipping is factored in will likely cost closer to $35 per shirt. This probably won't be the path we take unless mods say otherwise.

If we want another shirt color option I'll look into that as well, and I don't think it should cost too much more. This company seems pretty easy to work with. Personally, with all the blue I think it would be tough to find colors it works well with. Black and White T's would be best.

Don't worry about paypal until I've decided there's no major changes, but feel free to voice your interest and opinions.

I've made some edits to the shirt to make it easier to print, as I'm still exploring other options for having them done. We're going to be looking for at least 20+ solid commitments here to make this happen, so speak up people, or forever hold your peace! tongue.gif

Here's the latest design.

Shirt003.jpg

Best cost estimates are still around $25 a t.

Oh, and I went up to Mt D today to check some stuff out. I'm short of time tonight so I'll post some details tomorrow morn.

Edited by Gollum