HybridZ

Fairlady z emblem q's

There is a guy here on this forum that makes some emblems that are stickers that are really nice and look like the real thing. great prices too. I ordered some a couple of months ago. Do a search under vendors for Vinyl stickers by "One Tuff Z".

Edited by PalmettoZ

I know where j can get some, I've seen the sticker alternatives. What I'd like to find out is what company actually makes the reproduction ones, metal or plastic. I know there's several online stores that distribute them, not actually makes them.

I love the plastic & metal emblems, however-decals are inexpensive, don't fall off and can't be stolen...

That you live in a place where people don't steal adhesive decals is wonderful...

Unfortunately, that statement is not true in Sunny Southern California. You would be AMAZED at what people TRY to steal. Admittedly stealing a sticker off a guys car would not be MY first thought of something to do...but finding half-removed stickers at car shows sometimes you wonder what/who you walked up upon unexpectedly and interrupted their work! :huh:

Emblem thieves require electrodes to the genitals, and a long, sustained run of amperage applied... :angry:

I lived in an apartment many moons ago where my Fairlady stayed parked under a shade tree undisturbed. One day after a couple of weeks since I drove it last, I went to go for a spin. I noticed the driver's side emblem was gone, walked to the passenger side and it's gone also.

About a week later, I saw a Nissan Sentra parked a few buildings from mine with "Fairlady Z" emblems on it. I called the police, the guy admitted he stole them. No jail, ticket or anything. I got my emblems back minus the pins he broke off and a crap load of silicone he used to glue them on.

Back then those emblems where hard to find and not cheap. I wanted to kill that guy.