HybridZ

Windshield seal / gasket difference coupe and 2+2?

Can someone tell me the difference between the windshield seal for a coupe (Part-No. 72610-E4600) and the one for the 2+2 (Part-No. 72610-N3700)?

Since the windshield itself is interchangeable.

Thanks.

There's no difference if the seals are the same price buy the recommended one however I have used the 2 seater on the 2=2 without any problems.

Rev

Ok...? This is irrelevant, the windshield is interchangeable. Take a look at the OP's question.

I mentioned the 2+2 being 20mm wider because maybe that is why there are two different part numbers. I said nothing about the windshield not being compatible.

Noted, nice find!

The Weatherstrip is different owing to a different pinchweld thickness around the perimiter of the 2+2 window opening, so to fit correctly the groove that goes on the pinchweld flange it's slightly larger. If you try to fit it to a coupe, it will be very sloppy. A coupe windscreen weatherstrip will work in a 2+2, but it will be strained over that thicker pinchweld.

And thanks to Tony for the info.

The only difference i can think of is the thickness of the sheetmetal on the windshield frame. MSA and Black Dragon Automotivehave different seals listed for the 2+2 and the coupe. Maybe someone, currently having there windshield removed, can do some measuring.

The Force runs strong in this one...

Indeed, consulting the appropriate manuals you will see the pinchweld in the windsheld area is thicker on the 2+2 and the seal is correspondingly sized. To use it on a coupe with paranoid tendencies against leakage, fill the bottom of the groove with windshield sealant and you will have no worries.

Not that you would have worries without sealant...but you definitely wouldn't have them with sealant... :P

I wouldn't say the 2+2 seal 'doesn't fit' or that they go one way, but not the other... I see others have searched and found my previous posts...which I forgot I'd posted so now I posted it again.

Should I now be angry and yell "SEARCH!"? :huh: