HybridZ

My version of an extended nose front spoiler

dum-bass

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not usually a fan of mods like that (never liked the g-nose and most crazy air dams just go way too far and look like ricer) but this one could actually come out nice. Hard to visualize, but it's looking tasteful so far. The headlight buckets don't really fit at all but part of me just wants to say who cares.

I kinda like it. Agree on the grill and lights. Make the opening much smaller and move the turn signals.

I like the subtleness of it. Not to extreme. Curious, all hand layed figerglass in your own mold?

Nice. I would bring the two lower side "splitters" about 2" more towards eachother, in a taper, instead of ending them in a vertical line with the hood lines. There is going to be ALOT of air getting into the engine bay and under the car, leading to lots of front end lift. Need to close that hole up about 80-90%. It could be a hidden false panel behind whatever grill you design. Best of all, it's very original and it works visually. Interesting how you handled the headlight bucket disparity.

Edited by cygnusx1

I tend to think it looks better without the headlight lenses but in some respects they still look good. Believe it or not, the frontal open area is still smaller than the stock Datsun frontal area, minus the huge bumper, but my original idea was to divide the air by ducts to the brakes and the intercooler.

DEFINATLY the best attempt at such a nose I've seen thus far.

I do agree with the fact that the headlight bezels no longer fit the lines of the nose, maybe swap for a slightly modified pair of S130 bezels???

I also agree with cygnusx1 on the splitter setup. they just appear so far apart it almost looks like an after thought.

and as far as turn signals go...

the cheap projector style bulbs with cheezy angel eyes that can be found on ebay might be the ticket...I've had thoughts of replacing the blue gel caps in the angel eyes and "back lighting" (lights have a bulb to make them glow) with a yellow or orange gel cap and wire those lights as turn signals...

this thought came to me while thinking about the fact that the bumper I would like to put on my S-130 has no turn signals in it. may not be legal in your state however.

Thnx for the chimes fellow z'ers!! I actually wanted the BIG MOUTH BASS look. Actually, the air intake to the engine is still smaller than the stock configurization!! IMO, I need to add A stylish grill... And I'm not worried about drag, because, I AM SUPERCHARGED!!!

And I'm not worried about drag, because, I AM SUPERCHARGED!!!

Nice work! Really clean integration. It gives the widemouth look you were looking for.

Regarding your charger, it's not the drag you should be worried about, it's the lift. I race these cars and if you aren't pretty specific about combating front end lift, they get very uncomfortable in a high horsepower car.

You guys are right about the BIG MOUTH air intake. Even given the smaller than stock intake, the lower spoiler helps draw more air in. My original idea was to divide the air intake to brakes and intercooler. A vented '77 hood work for under hood air pressure good enough?

Really appreciate the amount of effort and think its going in an interesting direction. The idea of splitting the air up is a good one, make sure you think "down force" in the process and don't make ducts that create lift with your air redirection. There are some really interesting threads with wind tunnel testing done on the site that might help with that. I am REALLY interested to see what it looks like once you put a grill in there, I bet it has a HUGE impact. Best of luck on your build.

Would the headlight bezels for the G nose set up work? They are longer than stock.

I found some here with a quick search.....PRICEY!

My link

Here they are installed

My link

Oh and just for fun, look at this monstrosity that I just found on the internet. Its soooo bad, i love it!!!

My link

Edited by DarthZ