HybridZ

My version of an extended nose front spoiler

dum-bass

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really appreciate the amount of effort and think its going in an interesting direction. The idea of splitting the air up is a good one, make sure you think "down force" in the process and don't make ducts that create lift with your air redirection. There are some really interesting threads with wind tunnel testing done on the site that might help with that. I am REALLY interested to see what it looks like once you put a grill in there, I bet it has a HUGE impact. Best of luck on your build.

Would the headlight bezels for the G nose set up work? They are longer than stock.

I found some here with a quick search.....PRICEY!

My link

Here they are installed

My link

Oh and just for fun, look at this monstrosity that I just found on the internet. Its soooo bad, i love it!!!

My link

Well, after alot of research on wind tunnel testing and aero, I realize I got some work to do blocking off that huge gaping hole! That explains the high speed stability probs that I have always had and this front nose should only make it worse! I can actually see the hood metal flex from the air pressures. Oh well, back to the drawing board....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are doing your own fiber glass I would incorperate custom signal lights just under the bucket and wrap around the side a bit to incorperate the side marker as well then remove the one from the fender and fill that hole in. Make the custom lights under the bucket and have a piece of orange plexi cut and you can easily bend it by heating it. A little gasket material around your home made lens and you're good to go.

• 6 months later...

I am back! Spring is here and I am inspired to work on the ol' Datsun. Iv'e been seriously contemplating a new cam design with DELTA CAMSHAFT of Tacoma, to maximize my roots supercharger project. Anyone ever heard of the Miller cycle? Sounds intriguing to me. Actually looks like a stage 2 Turbo cam to me, I will have to map it out...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...