HybridZ

Help Me Diagnose this issue! starting problem

WaiDai

I have replaced many many many parts. the only issue i have left is that the car will start only start once a day. it starts up fine. but only starts once a day. i have another forum in the troubleshooting section but it seems not many pay too much attention to it.. http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/96222-car-not-starting-1983-280zx-turbo/

Please help me.. i have been working on this car for over a year.. and its getting reallly demotivating. i want to be part of this community.. but this car is being difficult. and i appoligize in advance if this breaks any rules.. but i figure i not too many ppl pay attention to the troubleshooting forum and that i may get very great assistance from the s130 side of the forum... since my car is an s130..

1983 280zx turbo

5 speed

Things Replaced..

vac hoses

afm

02 sensor

ign coil

spark plug/wire

dist cap/rotor

battery

cleaned connection

all fuses

timing chain pulley etc..

water pummp

fuel pump (walbro 255)

fuel filter

oil filter

oil

iacv

tps

cleaned egr ports

not sure if im forgetting anything but the other post has alot more info.. thanks in advance...

What is it that "goes away" when you shut the car off, after letting it run for a while? I saw your other post, which is more descriptive since you say that you have spark.

If you have spark, and the engine turns over, and it ran just a few seconds earlier, then fuel would be the place to look. Do you have fuel pressure on the second try, and are the injectors firing?

What is it that "goes away" when you shut the car off, after letting it run for a while? I saw your other post, which is more descriptive since you say that you have spark.

If you have spark, and the engine turns over, and it ran just a few seconds earlier, then fuel would be the place to look. Do you have fuel pressure on the second try, and are the injectors firing?

not to sure what your referring to that "goes away". i am sure the injectors are firing but ill check fuel pressure again when i get the tool.. i doubt fuel is the issue though.. simply cause i can only start the car once. and that i could even let it run and warm up if wanted.. i didnt get the chance to see if the idle drops and stays to a nice number because i had to shut the car off earlier.. so im waiting for that chance again.. when i can start the car...

Once a day, every day, at the same time of day, so many hours apart? Outside, in garage? Sounds electrical in nature to me. Are the AFM and crank angle sensors new or used parts. Not 100% sure but does it matter how you put the disk in for the cas, upside down or right side up? Try bumping the ecu while its running, sounds strange but mine had a faulty chip. It would die out of nowhere and refuse to start again till it wanted. Bumping the ECU or any vibration may give it faulty reading change your timing and fuel output. Just some Ideas!

Edited by wolfman_dlc

Once a day, every day, at the same time of day, so many hours apart? Outside, in garage? Sounds electrical in nature to me. Are the AFM and crank angle sensors new or used parts. Not 100% sure but does it matter how you put the disk in for the cas, upside down or right side up? Try bumping the ecu while its running, sounds strange but mine had a faulty chip. It would die out of nowhere and refuse to start again till it wanted. Bumping the ECU or any vibration may give it faulty reading change your timing and fuel output. Just some Ideas!

everything i put in is new. the cas goes in only one way. but ill take a jab at the ecu... literally =]

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/403000-403999/403158_270_full.jpg

i noticed 2 hoses that are not connected. can someone tell me where the 2 skinny hoses that go over where it would say turbo go to? i realized one of em has vacuum and the other doesnt. im guessing one plugs into the cruise control thing? while other i have no clue.. someone let me know please =] pictures would be beneficial.. i tried looking at fsm but i just have no idea what the units are called that it is plugged into..