HybridZ

My father died today

Mikelly

...And it was a blessing.

He suffered tremendously with Joint, bone and other pains, along with an inability to oxygenate his blood, holes in his heart, and extremely low blood pressure.

My dad never saw me drive on a road course, but was the reason I got into cars. He never understood what I did for a living. All he knew was that I was his "baby". We didn't see eye to eye on much. But his work ethic, his morals and his desire to teach people will forever live in me, and through me. He was a great man, my hero and he will be missed.

Mike Kelly

Edited by Mikelly
  • Like 1

Condolences Mike, and it's great that he was your hero. Sometimes parents don't quite understand what we do. In my opinion, within the last three generations, the world has changed socially, more quickly than it ever has before. This "change stretch" has made it more and more difficult for each generation to relate to the next. I am going to try to keep up with my son, and keep an open mind, as I gather you are also doing with your family. Take the good that he taught and pass it on.

Mike,

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your father, though as you pointed out sounded to be the end to pain and suffering. Those are very touching words and feelings of admiration and respect you wrote. I feel very much the same towards my father. God bless ...

Im sure your dad was proud of you just because you were his "Baby". Bet he knew more about what you had done with your life then he lead on. What you teach others from what he taught you, will be his never ending legacy.

Sorry for your families loss.

Im sorry to hear the bad news Mike stay positive and always keep the good things that your dad had taught you..one day when you're on that road course he will be looking down on his son and be proud of what you have accomplished.

Condolences

Nissun1

Mike, I know you had been knowing this was coming, hating the process of it, etc. You were preparing for it - but it's never enough - it still hurts. Very sorry to hear of your loss, hoping you are getting some comfort that he's now comfortable. He had every reason to be proud of you and you of him - two of the great ones!