HybridZ

Which lower control arm ball-joint for 280Z

As in description - I bought a cheap set of those on ebay, installed them, and now have huge play in front suspension - first time noticed it during inspection, but thought that it was impossible that the ball-joints were already destroyed (only ca 200 miles after rebuild), also I didn't notice any problems with steering... until yesterday. Now I feel the steering wheel shaking when heavy braking or tight cornering.

My only guess for the reason they got worn so quickly is that their quality was crappy.

My question is - which brand or shop you recommend for buying those? I have modified suspension with Koni/eibach coilovers and camberplates.

Thanks,

Andrzej

You know I hate to ask, but did you pump grease into them after the initial install? Won't surprise me is they came dry. Grease costs money and adds shipping weight. Yet another way to make them "cheaper"....

:D

Yes, they came dry, but it did put grease into them :).

Thanks for answers! Any info where I can buy genuine Nissan parts for my 280Z?

I need a shop where I can pay with paypal, and one that ships outside US...

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Is the car lower then factory ?

You my need a set of bump stop spacers.

I've had this happen with a lowered car in the past.

By changing the factory ball joint geometry, it puts the ball joint at an extreme angle which then causes it to wear out faster.

Blackdragon sells them.