HybridZ

Brake Update 280zx

So now that Ive got my 1980 280zx turbo swapped I wanna make this thing stop better. Ive already determined to buy stainless lines, however I am kinda stuck on what to do for rotors and pads? I never had a problem with the way it stopped before just when using the brakes consistently they tend to fade really bad. What kind of pads would anybody recommend? MSA sells PBR brand, does anyone know if those are any good? As for rotors, I have read the factory rotor is good and not to do drilled. Would just getting my factory rotors turned be good enough, or is there a good rotor anyone can recommend?

Mainly use the car as a driver, and rarely take it to the drag strip. I would eventually like to do light autoxing with it too though.

I tried searching but I dont really see a reason to swap to a different caliper and go through that hassell when my factory equipment works okay. I figured updating the Original stuff would more then help my problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Get some powerslot rotors since they are cheap. PBR is ok, they are oem, but don't get them from MSA, its overpriced. You can get some hawk pads if you look hard enough

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?autoMake=Datsun&autoModel=280ZX&autoYear=1981&autoModClar=

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Hawk/Brake-Pads/Nissan-280ZX-Hawk-HP-Plus-Brake-Pads-_-HB169N560/630640/

Rebuilt calipers, stainless lines, high temp fluid, and KVR pads front and rear made a huge difference in the brakes on my car. I rebuilt the calipers myself as it was about $20 for all four for the parts. I don't think there is much available (calipers and kits) for the earlier S130 (79-81) style calipers. I swapped mine over to the later style for ease of getting parts.