HybridZ

-160 dergee timing?

bthomp

SO ill start with what the light is saying. the timing light says about 28 degrees, and same with the computer, on a cold start and the afr does not want to match up, also idling is not stable (noting abnormal). as time goes on, the timing on the computer slowly falls back as far as -160 degrees, its hit -175 is twice... i then have to set the timing offset on the computer to -40ish degrees for the car to start, though the afr is matching up to its map and its idling around 1300 rpm. i have tried changing prime pw, ve and afr table, warmup enrich, crank pw, idle control, and afterstart enrich. yesterday al also checked my dizzy to make sure everything is locked out and it was. Running out of ideas here.

• 3 months later...

I thought that one of the first things you are supposed to do with Megasquirt is get the Megasquirt timing readout to match the timing light, by adjusting the trigger offset. Once you get that it doesn't matter if your distributor is 180 off or not, since Megasquirt controls the timing. Sounds like you've started in the middle of the Megasquirt setup process.

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/tune.htm#spark