HybridZ

83' Lower control arm question

jmak

Since I retro fitted s13 full coilovers on the car (including replacing the knuckles, ball joints etc.) Im having problems with my front camber. They are way too positive even though the top camber plates are fully negative.

I've done some searching before and saw that a member here modded his arms by extending them. He added a custom metal plate and just drill holes for the maxima ball joints to fit. Now I cant find who did it but saved the pics he posted.(Ill post later)

If anyone can help, solutions, advise or can make custom ones will be appreciated. Let me know, never seen so much positive tire wear happen to fast.

Not sure of the exact length..but I know that early 280Z with a front mounted rack have longer control arms. I have compared them with my '80 model when I was thinking about buying after market arms like TECHNO TOY TUNING. If you can wait till next sat. I can give you the length of both models.

• 2 weeks later...

Should have done what I did: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/94002-how-to-install-s13-coilovers-on-280zx-and-poly-bushings/page__p__885620__hl__%2B280zx+%2Bs13+%2Bcoilovers__fromsearch__1#entry885620

Simple and leaves the camber like stock (haven't yet bothered to cut the strut towers for the camber plates)

Keeping the original stub axle doesn't allow for the easy brake upgrades that the S13 knuckles/hubs do, like Z32 or GTR brakes.

I did mine a different way and used R30 Skyline bottom arms with custom made ball joints with the S14 taper on them - I'm using S13 coilovers with S14 knuckles and R32 GTR brakes.

DSCF0221.jpg

I haven't actually got any pictures of the finished setup but if I did it again I'd do it a different way, probably try and use original S13 control arms or try some of these adjustable S13 arms.

Front-Lower-Control-Arm-240sx-200sx-Silvia-S13-S14-S15-for-sale_320364888711.jpg

Edited by djz