HybridZ

porsche 944 opinions

suparman

More info the car has a port polished o ringed head from Lindsey racing with a wildfire gasket ( gasket name means nothing to me) other parts from Lindsey maf conversion, upgraded turbo, bov, manual boost control, Lindsey / Borla exhaust, chip. I am waiting on the guy to get all the receipts together to verify. He is not willing to go any lower then 4k for it so I dont know if that is good or not. all the others in similar condition in my area are asking 3k but he does supposedly have 11k in to the engine so....

Is the body and interior in rought shape because $4K for a 951 with Lindsey goodies is a Christmas gift! Damn...I should jump on this if you pass.

Edited by slownrusty

Paint is faded and interior is good for the year the car is owned by some guy near aspen Colorado I think. Just has to many cars and this is the least favorite.

It is here in Grand Junction at a consignment shop. I am going to pass because once again life happened.

just like all porsches, it like a lot of oil. my step son spun the rod bearings and killed a motor. found one for $100 and swapped it in after taking the pan off and replacing as many seals as we could $50 (from a gear and seal store), timing belt ($250 ish), gaskets ($300 i think), and the clutch ($650). then labor. it is about a 40 hour job according to what i saw on the inter net and personal experience taking that thing out and shoe horning in the new one. his is a 86 944 and i was unimpressed by its get up and move but it handles nice. i'm sure it it lost some weight it can finally get out of its own way.

jimbo

^ That article makes me wonder if my rb could fit. lol

If you read the article, notice he set the firewall back?

But if a Mercedes V12 can be crammed into a 924, surely an RB can be shoehorned into a 944 :D You'd better be ready to do a lot of cutting and welding tho :D

What is this, I don't even...

Pics?

Was a picture on the wall in a panelbeater/restorers shop when I was there once with a friend whose car was in for repairs after a smash. Didn't pay much attention but the note on the photo said S600 V12 in 924.

I would suspect they had to totally remake the whole front and extend the forward radiator supports as well as set the firewall back.

Never seen the actual car myself, next time I'm in town I'll try and remember to drop by with a camera and take a photo of their photo.

I bet it would be as nose heavy as Jay Leno's tank engined hot rod!