HybridZ

LS1 Camaro Fuel Tank Charcoal and Vent

On my LS1 swap I have done the typical mounting of the (02) plastic camaro tank and use the integrated pump and sender just like the stock camaro setup uses. Also using the C5 filter and return line commonly done.

Have wired up the sender and pump fine but am wondering what others have done with their charcoal canister and vent lines coming off the tank? Right now I just left those parts as is and it works fine but a couple times filling up I notice a gas vapor smell. Not sure if this is just gas slosh coming up the vent line or what.

I believe I have capped off the stock LS1 gas vapor recirc thing on the engine and the smell seems to be coming from the tank area rather than the engine itself.

I've searched (and copied others) installs of their Camaro tanks but can't find a good answer on what has been done with the charcoal canister and vent line routing.

Pic for reference. Just FYI and not my setup exactly.

picture

Edited by Aero Z

On my LS1 swap I have done the typical mounting of the (02) plastic camaro tank and use the integrated pump and sender just like the stock camaro setup uses. Also using the C5 filter and return line commonly done.

Have wired up the sender and pump fine but am wondering what others have done with their charcoal canister and vent lines coming off the tank? Right now I just left those parts as is and it works fine but a couple times filling up I notice a gas vapor smell. Not sure if this is just gas slosh coming up the vent line or what.

I believe I have capped off the stock LS1 gas vapor recirc thing on the engine and the smell seems to be coming from the tank area rather than the engine itself.

I've searched (and copied others) installs of their Camaro tanks but can't find a good answer on what has been done with the charcoal canister and vent line routing.

Pic for reference. Just FYI and not my setup exactly.

picture

I removed the charcoal canister and put the vent on a one-way check-valve.

• 10 months later...

I have mine set to allow air to escape when filling the tank with fuel. Otherwise you'll be standing there all day trying to put fuel in and the pump stopping every few seconds because of the back pressure its seeing.

Edited by Cable