HybridZ

Chassis reinforcement

CrazyZ

Its not steel.... My goal is under 2500lbs. Which i should be. If i get around 2200-2300 ill be extremely happy. No ac/heat, all glass minus front windshield is lexan, no interior, etc you get the idea. My friend is in the process of making my door shells, hatch and hood in carbon fiber. He builds lemans prototype chassis and he assured me he can get all four items under 15lbs so there is a possibility of getting close to 2000lbs...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes.. Like that.. But I put the tube into the firewall sheet metal and I used a wrap around plate on the upper frame horns.

frontendreinforcementprofile.jpg

The cage makes a continuous brace from front to rear strut towers.

completedfrontendreinforcementwitht.jpg

Doorbarscompleteside.jpg

Doorbarscompleterear.jpg

Is this legal for SCCA? I am not familiar with the rules at all but I need to do something as I am considerably upping the power, spring rate, tire size, but still want to race.

Edited by surpip

• 3 months later...

Quick questions hope they haven't been covered yet. If i was to attempt cutting my rockers to weld in the 2x3 tubing, what would be the best way to go about it? Should i have the car on jack stands or on the ground and i would think cutting the rockers would make the body weak so should i weld on some bracing before cutting so it doesn't flex? Any info on how to go about this would be great. Thanks

Quick questions hope they haven't been covered yet. If i was to attempt cutting my rockers to weld in the 2x3 tubing, what would be the best way to go about it? Should i have the car on jack stands or on the ground and i would think cutting the rockers would make the body weak so should i weld on some bracing before cutting so it doesn't flex? Any info on how to go about this would be great. Thanks

Ideally you'll pull the engine, trans, diff, and wheels/tires. Support the car with 8 jack stands - a pair under the TC rod mount, a pair under the front of the rocker, a pair under the rear of the rocker, and a pair under the rear subframe. Do one side at a time.