HybridZ

240z Modern Makeover /ka24de swap/suspension swap

I've had a 240z with a SBC 350 Conversion kit sitting in the car for a while. Going to be tearing the car completely apart. No interior in it at the moment anyways.

Repair:

Floor's Need to be redone. Thinking about redoing the entire interior floor/transmission tunnel to accept the KA transmission very tightly. with the exhaust having it's own dedicated tunnel to keep the heat off the tranny.

^this will get done wayy before any other repairs are done.

Lizard skin as my interior sound deadening / heat insulation for the floor's.

Might recess the firewall 1" when i redo the floor's.

KA24DE swap NA to keep it cheap.< that and i already have all the part's to build the KA.

Will be running 240sx clutch brake and accelerator pedals.

Full 240sx suspension Front Yes power-steering rack and everything. I am deciding between a 300zx turbo rear subframe or a 240sx subframe.

Going to be going with either MEGAN RS coil-over's or MEGAN Track Coil's.

WIll be doing a full write up on the swap not sure how long this will take.

Possible Video like mull if i can find a cheap camera

You might want to talk to Tom Harris about the coil overs. He went another route for similar setup and the coil overs were some of the nicest and most adjustable I've seen for the money...

Mike

I can't wait to get the car here to show pictures but im not doing just a coilover swap I'm doing spindles the whole entire arm's sway bar's ect. front tension rod's.

there shouldn't be a single Z suspension or drivetrain steering or brakes left what so ever when I'm done.

Edited by DiscoPotatoe

• 6 months later...

Finished Rotissery. Chassis is actually sitting on it already but been pushed to the side

so i can get rid of a few of the other cars that have gotten priority over the datsun.

All parts for the suspension/brake/steering conversion have been bought. Motor has been built and is sitting on an engine stand.

I belive I might Start posting pictures next month or the following to show all the work being done. Just too much to post on here often.

Have a 97 240sx thats taken the lead followed by a 91 supra, then the 78 corvette and then I'm caught up to work on the datsun again.

All i was able to complete yet far was aquiring the long and extensive parts list. and I finished building the KA24DE to hold a maximum of around 750hp probably going to stick to around 450-500. I overly built the motor. I know. But There are reasons for it. I thrash my cars.

Well The next post won't be so boring with just word's. I just don't want to put pictures up until some real progress gets underway.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...