HybridZ

2JZGTE - Planning and sum of parts

proxlamus©

Already.. just did some homework.. now the price breakdown.. does this sound about right?!

$2,500 front sump Aristo 2JZGTE

$400 rear sump oil pan + gaskets

$350 1JZ bell housing to run the R154 5-speed

$575 ACT clutch kit for 7MGTE/R154

$350 1JZ Flywheel

$500 R154 transmission

$500 Megasquirt (MSII 3.57 and harness)

$350 engine cradle from Beta Motorsports

$5,525 not including upgrading the fuel injectors, possible single turbo upgrade with manifold, intake plenum, NO intercooler and piping, fuel pump, hoses, Drive Shaft... etc etc.

Does that sound about right?!

looks right. Don't forget the small stuff.

You could save some money and build your own mounts. Mine cost me less than 40.00 to make.

I've seen the rear sump pans go for 250.00 and the flywheels go for 50.00 all day long unless you want to use a over priced alunimum flywheel.

you can get the clutch kits for alot less than 575.00

Edited by pat1

You are correct. I was pondering the idea of a rb26 swap and decided on the 1jz because the parts being available and the cost of upgrading the 1jz. Plus not alot of people have the 1jz swap in my area.

You can get 500 rwhp out of a 1jz with a bone stock bottom end, a set of cams, injectors and a nice size turbo. And you can use the stock ecu with a piggy back.

1jz engine swap. 2300.00

Injectors 550 out of a usdm 2jzgte 200.00

Nice turbo. I'm using a pt-61 that I got new for 500.00

Hks 274,264 cams 500.00 used

Apexi neo 180.00

3680.00 plus the little stuff and get a stupid fast Z.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add in my .02 cents

you could buy a 2jzge from a sc300 for like 200-600 bucks, and boost that...same bottom end as a 2jzgte

(I sold my mk3 supra for a lexus sc300 to do just that, then i sold the lexus for more money for the z)

Oh and r154's you sometimes can get them for a little less than 500 if your lucky and find at junkyard.

but mostly those things are expensive as hell, people tend to sell them for wayyyy more than they are worth

Already.. just did some homework.. now the price breakdown.. does this sound about right?!

$2,500 front sump Aristo 2JZGTE

$400 rear sump oil pan + gaskets

$350 1JZ bell housing to run the R154 5-speed

$575 ACT clutch kit for 7MGTE/R154

$350 1JZ Flywheel

$500 R154 transmission

$500 Megasquirt (MSII 3.57 and harness)

$350 engine cradle from Beta Motorsports

$5,525 not including upgrading the fuel injectors, possible single turbo upgrade with manifold, intake plenum, NO intercooler and piping, fuel pump, hoses, Drive Shaft... etc etc.

Does that sound about right?!

Maybe it's different in colorado but I can't find an R154 for under $700 locally. Also I thought the bell housings were >$400 plus shipping from most places. Same with the oil pan, last time I priced one out it was a lot more. I heard a good place to get them is a Celica Supra site as they need a front sump setup, and most will trade you for a front sump. Why not just get a mid sump engine from the start?