HybridZ

Kaminari s130 wide body

akumazedex

Whatever happen to the kaminari wide body for the s130? Wasn't some one supposed to make repros of those? I sooo want them, arita speed is good and stuff but there really issnt much for flare or anything aside from zg flares an junk. So please! Some one! Make the kaminari wide body again!! Lol

Really tho..... <_<

Like I totally would buy one.. Well just the fenders.

No one else is going to...not enough demand. Most 280ZX owners don't shell out the cash needed to be able to support a healthy aftermarket...and face it, they are not going to be many on the road in a few years, due to time, neglect, etc. It's just not as popular of a car as a first gen-Z...even though it IS a better car, overall. I have seen a few rough Kaminari cars come up for sale in the past few years...mostly neglected & sitting around for awhile. You may be able to get one cheaply that way & take two cars to make one. It kills me too...seeing a nice part/mod/kit that I'd like, only to either not be able to afford it, or get it due to rarity.

If you want it, you know where to get it...just going to be spending a lot of time & labor to get it right.

Edited by Matt K

yeah, I have the kitted car and when my garage is done (before winter) I will be taking the car apart. The car its on is ROUGH. holes in the floor, fire under hood, typical NE rust. It was a new york car all its life. My plan is to make some molds before I install teh kit back onto my cali clean rust free 280ZX. The only problem is that both of these cars are 2+2. so, if I made reproductions, I would have to figure out a way to modify the rear overfenders and the door skins too. which, wouldnt be that hard. the hard part would be modifying the spoiler stays to acehive teh proper angle on a coupe vs a 2+2.

Never fear, this project is not dead, only delayed. I should have listened to everyone when they told me how much work owning a house actually is! ha ha

yeah, I have the kitted car and when my garage is done (before winter) I will be taking the car apart. The car its on is ROUGH. holes in the floor, fire under hood, typical NE rust. It was a new york car all its life. My plan is to make some molds before I install teh kit back onto my cali clean rust free 280ZX. The only problem is that both of these cars are 2+2. so, if I made reproductions, I would have to figure out a way to modify the rear overfenders and the door skins too. which, wouldnt be that hard. the hard part would be modifying the spoiler stays to acehive teh proper angle on a coupe vs a 2+2.

Never fear, this project is not dead, only delayed. I should have listened to everyone when they told me how much work owning a house actually is! ha ha

Any pics? Don't think I've seen a widebody 2+2

I've actually been meaning to ask what sizes you're running, but keep forgeting.

My wheels? 17", 9" F, 9.5" R. But my suspension is not standard so the spacing is different, whatever, with rolled guards there is plenty of room for decent size wheels.

My wheels? 17", 9" F, 9.5" R. But my suspension is not standard so the spacing is different, whatever, with rolled guards there is plenty of room for decent size wheels.

I know, you did a full S14 suspension swap, right? I intend to do the same, but using S13 pieces.

IMO don't use the R32 Z32 or S13 rear instead use new versions like R33 and S14 ive been measuring and i believe that the newer ones wont interfere with the chassis as much. as i have not done my R33 rear swap i cannot confirm this and wont be able till 2012 some time due to other commitments

Edited by ovenfood

The only reasons I'm going to use the S13 peices is because I've already bought several pieces, have a complete rear subframe waiting for me, and S13's are more plentiful than S14's here. Otherwise, I've been playing with the idea of a Z33 rear subframe.