HybridZ

87T with 87 N/A ECU with NISTUNE

hawaiianpride76

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I’ve looked for about 2 weeks now and can’t find the pin out to a 1987 300zx NA ECU. I have found turbo pin outs and z32s but no 87 NA.

Hear lies my situation. I've got an 87 VG30DET TURBO. We installed HKS intercooler, 60mm TB, 2 flexalight fans, greedy boost controller. Ran the stock ECU for 2 yr everything ran great at 12lb. 6 months ago I wanted more. We through on 550cc injectors, 6262 Precision turbo, custom fuel rail, custom turbo manifold, Teil waste gate and BOV and Nistune then deleted all the emissions. During the Nistune install they said the 87T ECU went bad or something to that effect so we sent them an 87 NA ECU. Install tested good. Dropped it in the car and had a lot of idling issues. Found out we needed to use the 87 N/A Idler control valve. Replaced and it now runs a little better. Car still stutters at 2500 and during cruzing. Will wiring back in the O2 fix this? I’m trying to insure I don’t mess something up by plugging back in the O2 censer. The wires are the same color but not sure about the pin out on the ECU Side.

I also had plans on running a Z32 MAF but im now told you have to do something else inside the ECU IOT run this MAF. If this is true does anyone know the limits for the stock Z31 MAF.

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I’ve looked for about 2 weeks now and can’t find the pin out to a 1987 300zx NA ECU. I have found turbo pin outs and z32s but no 87 NA.

Hear lies my situation. I've got an 87 VG30DET TURBO. We installed HKS intercooler, 60mm TB, 2 flexalight fans, greedy boost controller. Ran the stock ECU for 2 yr everything ran great at 12lb. 6 months ago I wanted more. We through on 550cc injectors, 6262 Precision turbo, custom fuel rail, custom turbo manifold, Teil waste gate and BOV and Nistune then deleted all the emissions. During the Nistune install they said the 87T ECU went bad or something to that effect so we sent them an 87 NA ECU. Install tested good. Dropped it in the car and had a lot of idling issues. Found out we needed to use the 87 N/A Idler control valve. Replaced and it now runs a little better. Car still stutters at 2500 and during cruzing. Will wiring back in the O2 fix this? I’m trying to insure I don’t mess something up by plugging back in the O2 censer. The wires are the same color but not sure about the pin out on the ECU Side.

I also had plans on running a Z32 MAF but im now told you have to do something else inside the ECU IOT run this MAF. If this is true does anyone know the limits for the stock Z31 MAF.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you some resources. The Pinout should be the same as the turbo, BUT I think the wires to the knock sensor won't be used. No real harm in keeping them in the harness, but I don't think the 87 NA will do anything with the knock signal. The NA and the turbo used two different O2 sensors (Turbo = titania / smaller O2 sensor). I don't think it'd make much difference for your 2500 problem. Mine studdered like this at a particular RPM. The ECU was switching from sequential to batch/bank injection. I follow the diagnosis in the FSM (I'll send) and determined it was the ECU. A new ECU and I was good to go.

Later,

-Stan

Edited by Swervey McZCar