HybridZ

Possible L24 with N47 head purchase question

ProjectSR20

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping I can get some input on a motor I am looking at buying. I am being told it is a 1972 L24 with a N47 head on it. I've done quite a bit of research and and still left with a question. Is there any way actually identify the Maxima N47 without pulling the head? I have seen mention of a possible threaded hole between the 5 & 6 spark plugs, but also saw mention that the later 280z N47 had the same hole as well. So that does not seem to be a surefire way to identify it.

If there is no hole would that mean that it is not a Maxima head and just a normal 280z head?

The pictures of the engine make it look absolutely spotless. There were receipts in the glove box for a carb tune and sync. After talking to the owner he seems to be a Z enthusiast and so was the person he got the motor from.

That leads me to my other question. If it is in fact just a normal 280 N47 on a P30 block, would I be looking at a performance loss compared to the stock P30 / E88 combo?

Thanks for any input you guys can offer. As always it is much appreciated.

~Ryan