HybridZ

Clear markers/signals/tailights...?

ZXR_KiD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MSA website says 70-83 but if you look at the description its for the 240-280z not the 280zx. So after doing the math these would be the only option for the S130's.

MSA was selling the 280ZX version. Someone would need to contact them to see if they still do or can get their hands on them. Klearz makes them. I believe they will sell direct if they do not have a retailer set-up. I believe a smoked version was also offered. Klearz had a fire at some point. I don't know if the ZX molds were damaged in that or not. That might explain why MSA is not showing them on their site. Pure guessing on my part.

If I recall correctly, MSA sells/sold theirs with the needed colored LED bulb for $100/set.

Not trying to take away from what ZCR-kid is doing. Getting all the equipment for this project was not cheap. I'm glad to see these available again. One day, one day....

we are crunching numbers trying to figure out how to get the costs down to a more affordable level. I think if we had a good set of people who would be on kindof a committ to buy type situation it would help us crunch numbers.

as we sit right now we've dropped nearly $1k into just the equipment needed to make this work properly. aswell as close to 200 man hours worth of learning expirience.

in other news a lucky break at the junkyard has yeilded a good pair of front turnsignal lenses and a good right tail light (now to figure out how to remove lenses without breaking them)

still on the lookout for the left side tail light,

I would also like to mention that we did attempt to contact Klearz before we sunk that kind of funding into this. Possibly due to fire related issues I suppose but I was never able to actually speak with anyone, only an automated answering service for wich I did not have the patience to follow through on our information hunt. I'm not in any way shape or form trying to claim bad buisness or anything like that, just simply stating what little information I have.

took a good look at the left side tail light in my zxr and discovered no cracks and the existing scratches are repairable.

so just about as soon as we can figure out a safe way to remove them from the housing we'll have tail lights in the works

• 1 year later...

Well Gentle men life has its ways of messing with plans... I think just about everything that can happen has ended up happening to us over the last year or so,from deaths to births.. but we've got to the point we're setting the equipment back up to start messin around with this stuff again... and with that its time to ask...

Is there any real interest in these parts?  we need to know if we'll be able to recoop ANY of what we've already got spent on the equipment before we bother purchasing the equipment needed to actually pop the larger things like tail lights... We've already blown well over a grand, and we KNOW we're not going to see much of a return on that part of the equasion. personally I have no interest myself in clear tail lights, therefore we have no desire to spend the $$ without knowing we can sell enough of them to make that part back.

I'm still lacking a good right side tail light to pull a mold from,

at present we have perfected the molds and process for the marker lights as well as front turn signal lights., also out of random boredom we've cloned the "280zx" emblem tab for the center console (popped in clear then painted around the lettering and an LED under the peice makes a pretty cool glowing letter effect.

Keep in mind these parts do not HAVE to be clear, we have the ability to color impregnate them just about any color imaginable and still retain proper translucency.

• 1 month later...

"Keep in mind these parts do not HAVE to be clear, we have the ability to color impregnate them just about any color imaginable and still retain proper translucency."

I would be in for 3 sets of markers for the 280ZX, and if the revising of tail light lenses is mastered for the 280ZX, 3 sets as well, but I'd look for a grey or smoked lens instead

Depending on the dash emblem, might be in for that as well

Edited by JohnSpek

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. This thread is alittle old but i thought i would post an update. Klearz is now selling many lenses for the datsuns. Its all available on our site. www.klearz.com

We are also looking for new Z products. We can setup a new project for lenses or other plastic parts. If its small enough, we just need some donor peices and we can get started. If its a bit bigger, we might need to organize a bit more.

Let us know what you need