HybridZ

Texas Turbo Tom 240 to LS2/T56/Magnacharger build

• 3 weeks later...

That's cool man. I did not realize they are doing Coffee and Cars again. I thought it was done for good at the Vintage due to all the Fast and Retarded that just can't stop reving their motors or doing burn outs for no reason at all like high school kids.

Edited by alainburon

LOL. There will more than likely be another color change after I get all of the fiberglass work done by you know who....... I am putting on a rear spoiler as well. 

My next round will be a driveshaft loop, skatter shield, AFR gauge, I am also putting in a pilar gauge pod as well to get the gauges out of the dash area. .....I have so much left to finish up on this car it is not funny, but at least it is driving and I can enjoy it after 7+ years

• 1 month later...

Yeah I know I am going to get shit for this but whatever... I am on Instagram as @sean70240z Check there for updates.  It is easy enough for me to post on there. 

I have a little over 800 miles on the car.  I am having fun beating on it.  I have a few kills under my belt.  Nothing yet has really put up a fight...... (c6, 2 c7s, 09 zr1, SS Camaros) 

The car is going back in for a few things in the coming weeks, I am just trying to get my money right before I do it. As well as prioritize the things that will get done.  I found a few drops of oil on the ground in my garage the other day but from what I can tell I believe they were left by my Supra.......

I will be turning up the wick a bit on the car but in doing so I will need to change up the cooling system to ensure the safety of the motor.  Eventually I might change out to a TT set up.  If I do this it will not be for a while.

Instagram??????????? WTF man???????????????  Just messing with you.

Glad to see you are enjoying the car. I hear you about the cooling system, I'm having custom radiator built for my application. It's not cheap but I know it will cover me for the hp I will be putting down. I'm not taking any chances with this motor.

Why would you change it to a Turbo car? Just curious.

Just random thoughts going through my head, really.... I can control the boost more easily. Ramping boost rate.... the sky is the limit on turbos.... Who knows I could be having diarrhea of the keyboard at this point..... I don't even have  a figure for the heat exchanger.... I know I am going to get bent but it is insurance for my car....... I DO NOT want to deal with building a motor right now...... 

• 2 months later...

I have sold my flares

I bought a new rear spoiler, and flares.  Color change is happening next week......

First.....

My wiring harness caught on fire....... NOT the LS stuff but the OEM Datsun harness....I guess it doesn't like new bits being added to it so it decided to fry itself.  The shop has it and is currently working to get it ready.  I am showing the car for StanceNation on 8-30. 

That is all......

Toying with the idea of a bigger blower as well.... but that is down the line as I am tight on funds now and pushing my business development over a toy. 

I have been in and out of town over the last few weeks so I have not had a chance to do much with the car. 

Carry on .

Man, I'm sorry to hear about the wiring and what a coincidence. I was looking at my old wiring harness yesterday trying to figure out what I can use and what I can remove but after reading this my mind is made up. I will send it off to have it duplicated after I remove the circuits I don’t need and have them add the extra circuits I do need. Don’t know what the heck I was thinking considering using 37 year old wiring. The problem with these cars is nobody makes an aftermarket wiring harness for it and all the universal harnesses just power the main components not your factory relays etc… I was trying to stay away from a custom harness because they are so expensive but I guess I should just bite the bullet and get it done.

I have been traveling like crazy too, about 95% of the time now until the end of the year so the car is not going to get much love in the meantime but I will squeeze a few hours in every time I get home. If I’m home next weekend I will try and make it to see your car. Let me know if you still want the parking lights, I’m leaving Saturday.

I would talk to Jeremy at PowerFab before you go and do that.  He was discussing something about mimicking a GM harness to further assist in diagnosis of future issues.  So it will be easier to track and pin point issues.  Since we both have GM swaps.  I thought this was  GOOD idea. Hell yeah I still want them.  Maybe I just send you the payment via paypal pay postage nad have them sent to my business address.....

Thanks for the suggestion but I’m not sure if that will work for me. My engine has its own standalone harness with fuses and relays as well as its own computer with the cables needed to communicate to it for diagnosis. My concern is the body harness. The wiring that goes to all the lights, defroster relay, horn relay, ignition relay and so forth. I may call them before I send it off and see what they suggest.

You can paypal the parts if you want and I will ship it to you my paypal is alain.buron@bakerhughes.com.

the new run will be 800.  The previous guy just wanted me to cover material costs.  which was around 400 when it was all done. 

The previous guy fell short in some areas and I couldn't bust his balls too much cause he essentially did it for free. 

The price will also depend on the color and how many coats you use.